Puck

[Fixed] Metal still not working properly APh Beta 116 ...

Bildschirmfoto 2019-04-06 um 09.46.34.png

Bildschirmfoto 2019-04-06 um 09.47.22.png

(iMac 2017, 16 GB RAM, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536 MB, MacOS 10.14.6 Mojave)

19 hours ago, GabrielM said:

Hi @Puck,

So that we are able to investigate bugs thoroughly could you please follow this link and update this post with the followings: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/forum/38-bugs-in-affinity-designer-affinity-photo/

Thanks,

Gabe. 

1.    Are you using the latest version? Photo Beta 116
    2.    Can you reproduce it? Yes (if you cannot then we may struggle to also, making it even harder to fix)
    3.    Does it happen for a new document? If not do you have a document you can share that shows the problem? The file was once created in 1.4.2 / 1.5.2
    4.    If you cannot provide a sample document then please give an accurate description of the problem for example it should include most of the following:
    •       What application (Designer/Photo/Publisher) are you using?  Photo Beta 116
    •       What is your operating system and version (Windows 10, OSX Mojave, iOS 12 etc)? OSX Mojave 10.14.4
    •       What happened for you (and what you expected to happen) ?
    •       Provide a recipe for creating the problem (step-by-step what you did). I just re-created this older file in Beta 116
    •       Screenshots (very handy) or a screen capture/video. See above
    •       Any unusual hardware (like tablets or external monitors or drives that may affect things) or relevant other applications like font managers or display managers. Nope, nothing.
    •       Did this same thing used to work and if so have you changed anything recently? (software or hardware) I haven't changed anything recently! There's trouble with metal from time to time.

(iMac 2017, 16 GB RAM, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536 MB, MacOS 10.14.6 Mojave)

I believe you missed 2 key points:

1 hour ago, Puck said:

do you have a document you can share that shows the problem? The file was once created in 1.4.2 / 1.5.2

or 

1 hour ago, Puck said:

Provide a recipe for creating the problem (step-by-step what you did). I just re-created this older file in Beta 116

51 minutes ago, GabrielM said:

I believe you missed 2 key points:

2 hours ago, Puck said:

do you have a document you can share that shows the problem? The file was once created in 1.4.2 / 1.5.2

or 

2 hours ago, Puck said:

Provide a recipe for creating the problem (step-by-step what you did). I just re-created this older file in Beta 116

1.) The Document is nearly 500 MB

2.) Step by step? I really don't know what you want? It is clear after all. I originally created this file in Photo 1.4.2, later on I edited it with 1.5.2, and then - because of the beta test to try it out - opened it in 1.7 Beta and made changes (metal off, no color shifts). Then I switched to Metal ON (in 1.7 Beta) and there was this color shift.

7 minutes ago, Puck said:

2.) Step by step? I really don't know what you want?

How can we investigate, replicate (and fix if broken) by just seeing 2 screenshots? If you upload the file on our Dropbox account we can have a look. https://www.dropbox.com/request/TAWExvMj8klpdjK2ftwB . Otherwise, there's not much we can do if all the info we have is "Metal still not working properly..." 

40 minutes ago, GabrielM said:

How can we investigate, replicate (and fix if broken) by just seeing 2 screenshots? If you upload the file on our Dropbox account we can have a look. https://www.dropbox.com/request/TAWExvMj8klpdjK2ftwB . Otherwise, there's not much we can do if all the info we have is "Metal still not working properly..." 

Ok, I uploaded the file. Good luck and have fun! :) 

I just made a similar observation on my system, see attached screenshots and original file.

Affinity Photo Beta 1.7.0.118

metal.png

software.png

helenental Height Map (ASTER 30m).png

iMac Pro, AMD Vega 64, MacOS Mojave 10.14.4

On 4/10/2019 at 1:05 PM, GabrielM said:

Thanks. I've logged this with our developers. 

It still happens in Beta 118!

On 4/10/2019 at 1:05 PM, GabrielM said:

Thanks. I've logged this with our developers. 

Info for the developers: I figured out, in this case the "Gaussian Blur" Live Filter is the bad guy. If I deactivate it, the violet tint will also disappear (Beta 120)

Bildschirmfoto 2019-04-18 um 13.41.12.png

Congrats!! :)  Seems to be fixed in Beta 122

17 hours ago, GabrielM said:

Thanks for your help with this bug. We have now resolved the problem and will make the fix available in the next Mac release.

My pleasure!