I'm preparing to remove all Adobe products from my system. I wanted to know if there are any presets from Photoshop that I should keep because they can be used by Affinity Photo. I understand that Adobe brushes can be installed in Affinity Photo, but I'm not absolutely certain. Are there any other parts of Photoshop I should save for use in Affinity Photo?

Thanks in advance.

You can only use brush (*.abr) files, not preset (*.tpl) files. You can use many effects (*.8bf) plugins, but not all, and you can’t use any other types of plugin (acquisition, file format, etc).

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.6.5.123 • Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.12.86 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.6.4.45 • iOS 12.2 (iPad Air 2)

Any suggestions as to how to best get the .abr files into Affinity Photo, or how to organize them inside the program's file striation. You know, similar to how filters are arranged by a name sort of predicting their effect.

Thanks.

31 minutes ago, inspiredmac said:

Any suggestions as to how to best get the .abr files into Affinity Photo, or how to organize them inside the program's file striation.

On the Brushes panel, click the hamburger menu and Create New Category. Then select that category, and on the hamburger menu click Import Brushes. Navigate to your .abr file and select it. Note that you can only import Pixel brushes into Photo. If you have Vector brushes they'll only import into Designer.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1809, 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 and 1.7.0.333 Beta       / Affinity Designer 1.6..5.123 and 1.7.0.333 Beta    / Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.337 Beta

Adobe brushes from Illustrator don't contain any PDF information so Adobe Illustrator brushes cannot be imported, the .ai files that make the vector brushes will not open in Affinity due to the lack of PDF data. As far as I am aware, all .abr files are Raster brushes. If .abr brushes have textures they may import incorrectly but you will only know that after import.

iMac 27" Late 2015 Fully Loaded, iMac 27" Mid 2011 both running High Sierra 10.13.6 - Affinity Designer/Photo, Publisher Beta 1.7.0.140, Illustrator CC, Inkscape, Blender, Sketchup, Pepakura Designer, MTC, Pixelmator & Pixelmator Pro + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9 B|  

Affinity Help - Affinity Designer (ADe) Tutorials - Affinity Photo (APh) Tutorials Instagram & Flickr