You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Exporting in vector format

Hi 

I am completely new to illustration tools and Affinity designer is the first of that kind I have used.

Idrew a picture using pen tool and was trying to export in svg format .

It was not getting exported in the first place .I was not able to send it in the email as well.Finally it got saved in the photos but to my surprise it was rasterised version.

Please help me understand what went wrong.

Why was it not getting exported to file explorer or any other places .

Thanks in advance 

• Staff

Hi Aiswarya,

Welcome to the forums :)

When exporting, you can either export the file to your Files app, or Share the file to your Camera Roll - note that the latter will share a rasterised image as this is needed for the Camera Roll to understand the file.

To find out more on Exporting from Affinity Designer iOS, check out the following video! https://affinity.serif.com/tutorials/designer/ipad/video/272735340

In terms of SVG, provided your file contains supported vector elements you can export the file by using the SVG (for export) then no objects should be rasterised. I hope this helps!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!