dmstraker

Line stroke style - problems getting Texture option to work

In the Affinity Photo Stroke Panel, it says ' Style—Select a line style button to change how the line is drawn. Choose from None, Solid Line Style, Dash Line Style, and Texture Line Style, respectively. The last option applies the currently selected brush in the Brushes panel to the stroke. '

I'm having trouble getting the Pen tool to use the Texture option in using the current brush.

Any tips?

Thanks.

Dave Straker

Cameras: Sony A7R2, RX100V

Computers: Win10: Chillblast Photo with i7-3770 + 16Gb RAM + Philips 40in 4K; Surface Pro 4 i5

Favourite word: Aha. For me and for others.

Hi dmstraker,

You've stated Photo but linked to the Help in Designer... So i'm little confused as to which app but i'll offer an answer for both apps :) 

Tested this in Designer and it's appling the texture to my Pen curve i've drawn.  What happens when you try?

Also tried this using the texture option in Photo but it didn't work but that's because to add a textured stroke to a line/curve you need a vector brush stroke. Photo only uses raster brushes, to apply a textured stroke to a curve you really need Designer.

Oops. Wrong help system. I'm using Affinity Photo, latest beta.

So I'm wondering what the Texture option in AP should do.

Dave Straker

Cameras: Sony A7R2, RX100V

Computers: Win10: Chillblast Photo with i7-3770 + 16Gb RAM + Philips 40in 4K; Surface Pro 4 i5

Favourite word: Aha. For me and for others.

9 hours ago, stokerg said:

Hi dmstraker,

Also tried this using the texture option in Photo but it didn't work but that's because to add a textured stroke to a line/curve you need a vector brush stroke. Photo only uses raster brushes, to apply a textured stroke to a curve you really need Designer.

So having the Texture icon in the stroke context options is a bug?

Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471 ; Affinity Photo Beta 1.7.2.464; Win10 Home Version:1903, Build: 18362.207: Intel Core i7-4770, 3.90GHz, 32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 645, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD