You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Moving ruler origin error on multipage document

Thanks for 292 update. Some good stuff there. If I have a multipage document and I move the ruler origin, the ruler reverts to a reading based on adding up all the pages before the current page. It should just show the current page reading.

Windows 10 Pro, I5 3.3G PC 16G RAM

The first attached screenshot is from Beta 283, showing that the Y ruler is counting all the spreads in the document down to the current spread (I think).

NOT QUITE A WORKAROUND: I can restore the Y ruler, but only approximately, on a per-spread basis by dragging the ruler origin to the spread origin and immediately afterward creating a horizontal guide by dragging from the ruler. The second screenshot shows a guide snapped to a grid mark that I know for sure is 48 pt from the top of the spread.

The file in question is kind of an old file, having been around (modified, re-saved, saved-as) since earlier betas. Might that be my problem?

Thanks,
SlateGrey

unbelievable-y.jpg

almost-right-y.jpg

• Staff

Thanks for this I will have it reported. The X ruler is also wrong on portrait pages of a document with a mix of landscape and portrait pages.

As I expect you know the ruler origin can be reset on these pages with a double-click on the ruler top left area.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

We believe this has been addressed in the latest (#371) beta build. Please retest this behaviour.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.