You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher Public Beta - 1.7.0.292

• Staff

Purpose: Stability and General Testing
Requirements: 64 Bit Win 7 SP1 / Win 8.1 / Win 10  (>=1607)

Please note we have discovered an issue with this build whereby the application can crash after saving a document. In our testing we found even if the crash occurs, the document itself is always saved correctly. We will release an update as quickly as possible to fix this, but you may wish to delay updating until it is resolved. We believe this only affects the Windows version.

If you have already updated and wish to revert to the previous beta it can be found here: Affinity-Publisher-Beta-1.7.0.283.exe.

Hi,

We are pleased to announce Affinity Publisher build 292 is now available as a manual download from the link above.

As this is a beta it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity where you may be adversely affected by the application failing, including the total loss of any documents. 

We hope you enjoy the product, and as always, if you've got any problems installing or running up, please don't hesitate to post in this thread.

Any problems actually using this version please make a new topic in this forum and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Please feel free to leave general suggestions and comments in the Discussion Forum

Many thanks for your continued feedback.

---

General / Studio
More localisation updates
Fixed specific serialisation issue causing crash on document load 
Fix for failure to save after e.g. Convert to Curves
Fields Panel columns separator is now movable
Modified expression parsing so that unit type modifiers now have higher precedence than arithmetic operators
Added facility to reset Adjustment sliders by double clicking the handle
(Mac) Preferences, Auto-Correct fixed UI glitches and 'Replace text while typing' should now be saved
(Mac) Removed "Open Lens Profiles Folder in Finder" from Preferences
(Mac) Fixed crash placing multiple images
(Win) Added shortcuts for move inside / move outside
(Win) Fixed Layer Blend Modes Combo update
(Win) Fix for crashy HSL Layer adjustment UI 
(Win) Fixed issues adding Styles
(Win) Fix for imported Styles not appearing until you restart or add a new category

Assets
Assets Panel category management fixes
(Win) Drag drop files from Explorer to Assets
(Win) Double click Asset to place

Tools
Picture Frame Tool updates
Picture Frame Size Frame to Content
Fix to actively update the transform panel when dragging nodes in Node tool
Fixed Colour Picker to work in several tools where it was non-operational
Guides can now be edited from the ruler in more tools
Guide positions now reflect edited ruler origin
Fix for Transform Panel values not matching ruler display in multipage documents
(Win) Setting Arrow Heads back to None fails now re-enables alignment options

Pages and Master Pages
Fixed possible crash when splitting a facing pages document
Improvements for shuffling masters around in the Layers Panel to inhibit undesirable configurations
Fixed Section Manager behaviour when dealing with Page 1
Fixed issues inserting frames into master text flow
(Win) Fixed Pages Panel list mode view

Text
Fixes for Spelling Checker which had recently been broken
Fixed crash if TOC included headings in overflow
Cleaned up Typography Panel on both platforms
(Win) Added shortcuts for jump to start or end of current paragraph (<Ctrl>+Up, <Ctrl>+Down)
(Win) Text Style Editor, Paragraph Flow 'Keep with next' minimum set to 0

Export
Populate Export filename for untitled documents (Hurrah!)
Preview in PDF Viewer is now an application setting rather than an Export Profile setting
(Win) Fixed TIFF compression option on export not working

---

Earlier Release Notes Beta 270 and Beta 283

Thanks for the update..no installation issues..like the new picture frame configuration..big improvement:)

Affinity Version 1 (10.6) Affinity Version 2.4.1 All (Designer | Photo | Publisher)   Beta; 2.4 2.2356
OS:Windows 10 Pro 22H2 OS Build 19045.4046+ Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0
Rig:AMD FX 8350 and AMD Radeon (R9 380 Series) Settings Version 21.04.01 
Radeon Settings Version 2020
20.1.03) + Wacom Intuous 4M with driver 6.3.41-1

Hi,

Thanks for this new release, unfortunately, i'm still unable to use it in french, because when I click on the "Paragraphe" panel the program freeze.

I've also reset it holding the CTRL key with no luck.

Thanks!

• Staff

@Typo998 We are still attempting to reproduce the paragraph panel causing issues when running in non-English. Other reports we have had all reference undocking the paragraph panel causing this behaviour, are you getting the freeze the panel is docked? 

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

• Staff

I've just managed to reproduce it by setting both monitors to 125% DPI, it only crashes for me when I re launch the app after undocking the panel but I'm fairly certain it's the same issue we've seen reported.

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Up and running on Win 10 with no problems.

Thanks Adam :)

iMac: iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017)  -   3.4 GHz Intel Core i5   -   8 GB 2400 MHz DDR4  -  Radeon Pro 560 4096 MB 

Windows: Nvidia GTX 960m 4k UHD 2gb ram video (Windows 10 Pro) -  Laptop screen (resolution 3840x2160 magnified 300%)

2nd Monitor: Phillips 226E9Q HD 1920 x 1080 (125%)

Thanks for this Beta.
Installation was working well without any problems and no crash when saving a document.
System: WIN 10 Home Version 1809, Build 17763.404

Have a nice day.
Ich wünsche einen schönen Tag.

• Staff

Hi Arun Sarkar, Uwe367,

Thanks for letting us know. It’s an intermittent problem, and entirely possible you may never see it. Ideally we’d like feedback on the latest version, but if you are working on documents you have invested a lot of time into you may wish to delay updating until we can issue a fix.

11 minutes ago, AdamW said:

Thanks for letting us know. It’s an intermittent problem, and entirely possible you may never see it. Ideally we’d like feedback on the latest version, but if you are working on documents you have invested a lot of time into you may wish to delay updating until we can issue a fix.

For testing i create only new Documents which i do not need in my work and at this time i have no work to do for which i need a stable version. So at the moment i can spend my time in testing the new Beta and report if an error occurs :)

Have a nice day.

On 4/6/2019 at 9:07 AM, Arun Sarkar said:

suddenly I see that my Affinity Designer effected by this issue. After Save a file Affinity Designer Exit, but without any data los

Hm.. i tested it yesterday and today often and with different contents with Photo and Designer and again with Publisher but this issue doesn´t occur on my PC.

Have a nice day.

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 8:07 AM, Arun Sarkar said:

Hello Adam :)

suddenly I see that my Affinity Designer effected by this issue. After Save a file Affinity Designer Exit, but without any data loss.

Designer? This is a Publisher thread.

• Staff
15 hours ago, Panchdara said:

Designer? This is a Publisher thread.

The codebase is shared and currently issues like this that affect one windows Application are very likely to affect other Windows applications built at or near the same time. They are all benefitting from issues found and fixed in the others in the suite, but with thing like this they also going to get the odd regression (inherited temporarily until fixed).

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

It's a small bug but please fix - if I select the text tool (art of text frame) then go and select a font what happens is that no matter what my selection is my font reverts to Arial. If I start typing in Arial and then select a font again then the font changes to my desired selection. Although this is not a Designer forum, I need to mention that the same thing happens in Designer Beta.This glitch/bug is not present in any MAS version.