You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher Public Beta - 1.7.0.292

• Staff

Purpose: Stability and General Testing
Requirements: Mac OS 10.9 or above

Hi,

We are pleased to announce that Affinity Publisher build 292 is now available as a manual download from the link above.

As this is a beta it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity where you may be adversely affected by the application failing, including the total loss of any documents. 

We hope you enjoy the product, and as always, if you've got any problems installing or running up, please don't hesitate to post in this thread.

Any problems actually using this version please make a new topic in this forum and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Please feel free to leave general suggestions and comments in the Discussion Forum

Many thanks for your continued feedback.

---

General / Studio
More localisation updates
Fixed specific serialisation issue causing crash on document load 
Fix for failure to save after e.g. Convert to Curves
Fields Panel columns separator is now movable
Modified expression parsing so that unit type modifiers now have higher precedence than arithmetic operators
Added facility to reset Adjustment sliders by double clicking the handle
(Mac) Preferences, Auto-Correct fixed UI glitches and 'Replace text while typing' should now be saved
(Mac) Removed "Open Lens Profiles Folder in Finder" from Preferences
(Mac) Fixed crash placing multiple images
(Win) Added shortcuts for move inside / move outside
(Win) Fixed Layer Blend Modes Combo update
(Win) Fix for crashy HSL Layer adjustment UI 
(Win) Fixed issues adding Styles
(Win) Fix for imported Styles not appearing until you restart or add a new category

Assets
Assets Panel category management fixes
(Win) Drag drop files from Explorer to Assets
(Win) Double click Asset to place

Tools
Picture Frame Tool updates
Picture Frame Size Frame to Content
Fix to actively update the transform panel when dragging nodes in Node tool
Fixed Colour Picker to work in several tools where it was non-operational
Guides can now be edited from the ruler in more tools (a wider range of tools)
Guide positions now reflect edited ruler origin
Fix for Transform Panel values not matching ruler display in multipage documents
(Win) Setting Arrow Heads back to None fails now re-enables alignment options

Pages and Master Pages
Fixed possible crash when splitting a facing pages document
Improvements for shuffling masters around in the Layers Panel to inhibit undesirable configurations
Fixed Section Manager behaviour when dealing with Page 1
Fixed issues inserting frames into master text flow
(Win) Fixed Pages Panel list mode view

Text
Fixes for Spelling Checker which had recently been broken
Fixed crash if TOC included headings in overflow
Cleaned up Typography Panel on both platforms
(Win) Added shortcuts for jump to start or end of current paragraph (<Ctrl>+Up, <Ctrl>+Down)
(Win) Text Style Editor, Paragraph Flow 'Keep with next' minimum set to 0

Export
Populate Export filename for untitled documents (Hurrah!)
Preview in PDF Viewer is now an application setting rather than an Export Profile setting
(Win) Fixed TIFF compression option on export not working
---

Earlier Release Notes Beta 270 and Beta 283

1 hour ago, AdamW said:

Picture Frame Size Frame to Content

Thank you so much for this, this was very important to me. Picture frame UI also looks cleaner now.

I would still prefer to have the fit settings as simple buttons though, not a dropdown menu as it is now. This is not a major issue though.

1 hour ago, AdamW said:

Preview in PDF Viewer is now an application setting rather than an Export Profile setting

I don't see a change here since the last version. I can select this option when exporting, as I could before. 

1 hour ago, AdamW said:

Guides can now be edited from the ruler in more tools

Just been searching for a more tools panel thinking that I'd be able to somehow click on a ruler guide and enter a specific position without having to go to guides manager ------- duuuuur what a thicko ------- aaaaaaaahhhhh more tools as in text tool and all that.

Still no fix for broken assets panel and complex vector hangs for minutes at a time which also effects Designer - still holding back Photo 1.7.0.112 as no vector hangs and normal drag-able assets panel ----- I guess you guys are on it and fixing for next build?

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo 1.10.5 - 2.2.1

www.bingercreative.co.uk

• Staff

Hi postmadesign,

The 'Preview in PDF Viewer' checkbox is still in the same place, but the setting is not saved into the Export profile (and therefore checking / unchecking it no longer modifies the Export profile), rather it is just saved with other app settings between sessions.

• Staff
2 hours ago, Dazmondo77 said:

Still no fix for broken assets panel and complex vector hangs for minutes at a time which also effects Designer - still holding back Photo 1.7.0.112 as no vector hangs and normal drag-able assets panel ----- I guess you guys are on it and fixing for next build?

Hi Dazmondo - we're still looking at these issues.

Top stuff AdamW 

Keep up the good work

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo 1.10.5 - 2.2.1

www.bingercreative.co.uk

6 hours ago, AdamW said:

Populate Export filename for untitled documents (Hurrah!)

I am not sure what that means, I am guessing it was a big problem which has been fixed, so Hurrah! from here too. [smiley-face emoticon]

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Hello @AdamW
Well Congrats, this version is okay and few stuffs i noticed was a bit annoying your team have fixed it and it is great pleasure still the link was kind of busy thus making the download fail again and again, hopefully the retry function was not exceeded but i think you really need to inspect your link for downloading the software.
Except that all went well, install was okay, launch was much faster, usage is kind of fluid and nice but i believe you can improve it even more.

... Thank you for the improvement made on the Pen tool, it is of great joy to use it now -this goes for all Affinity in this beta cycle).

Blessings !

Never be the Same Again !
---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF
Intel Core i5-10500T @2.30GHz with 12GiB 2666MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 for 10th Generation
M.2 2280, 512 GB, PCIe NVMe Gen3 x4, Class 40 SSD

Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2 + LibreOffice 7.5.3

Hallelujah and pass the biscuits!—(hopefully to be shouted with even greater intensity, as soon as you guys switch from beta.) Finally after all these years of paying through the nose for Adobe apps, there is an alternative! Adobe makes great products, but they are so-o-o-o expensive. Please, please, pretty please I'm begging you . . . please get Affinity publisher fully up and running for us! I just bought Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo and I can't wait to get a chance to buy a full featured, fully functioning Affinity Publisher! You guys are doing a fantastic job and I, for one, have become a HUGE FAN of Affinity software.