You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

No highlighting of the selected text

If I try to select a portion of the text, there are no visual markers which typically are inverted text/background colors. The selection still works, it is just not visible on the screen.

Problems with all fonts, and even seems to work the same in the AP Beta. Quick snippet of it:

AD Bug2.gif

I'm not getting that here and I'd guess other users aren't. I'm on Windows 7. But that facility could be useful - it means you can see what different fonts look like without having a block background to the text. I wonder if there's an option somewhere that I've missed.

Windows 10 Pro, I5 3.3G PC 16G RAM

3 hours ago, GabrielM said:

Hi @Fantomasas,

Can you please confirm if this is a beta-only issue? Does the 1.6 release work fine with the same fonts? 

Thanks,

Gabe. 

AD 1.6 does not have the issue. I have refined conditions for this problem to occur:

• Any font

• Outside of the art-board

• Close-up

AD Bug3.gif

23 hours ago, Fantomasas said:

• Any font

• Close-up

Interesting find. I can confirm this after a short test. The same happens in APub.

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

On 4/5/2019 at 1:39 PM, Fantomasas said:

I have refined conditions for this problem to occur:

• Any font

• Close-up

Seems to work fine for me on Designer 1.7.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

18 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

Seems to work fine for me on Designer 1.7.

Even when you zoom in beyond 800%?

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M

10 minutes ago, dominik said:

Even when you zoom in beyond 800%?

Actually, no. Above 427% the highlighting disappears when the text is not inside the artboard.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

4 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

Actually, no. Above 427% the highlighting disappears when the text is not inside the artboard.

Yes, it was not exactly 800% but something in this region. It most likely depends on document size and perhaps resolution. But it disappears at a certain zoom level.

For a test to see if the highlighting is still there, though not visible, I typed in a single letter. That one replaced multiple highlighted letters. This, to me, seems to proof that the highlighting is still there, but just not visible. A change of letter colour does the same :-)

d.

• Staff

=After further investigations, it is not actually zoom-related, but Artboard related. If the artboard is preset in the viewport, the selection appears. If you have no artboard in the viewport, it does not show. I will log this with our developers. 

9 hours ago, GabrielM said:

=After further investigations, it is not actually zoom-related, but Artboard related. If the artboard is preset in the viewport, the selection appears. If you have no artboard in the viewport, it does not show.

After your explanation I can confirm this. The zooming causes the artboard to drift out of sight at some point.

d.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.