You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Entering the Blur amount does not always get set.

I have yet to figure out how I enter a numeric blur amount and make it stay set. If I use the slider, then the amount is set, but entering the amount in the numeric field does not always make it set to number entered. I think it should. Look at the second screen shot. It shows 30 entered in the numeric field, but the slider is at 0. That is wrong. Sometimes pressing enter sets the amount, sometimes it does not.

404075321_ScreenShot2019-04-04at6_46_53AM.thumb.png.e945c246959e9f389ea2c48fbc04e63c.png

1184246610_ScreenShot2019-04-04at7_03_36AM.thumb.png.460c3d3fb3cc1a525f3afb4be5e9cd55.png

It works here on Mac, as soon as I enter the 3 then 0 nothing happens until I hit the tab or the enter key, effect is applied and slider moves. Additionally if I use the arrow keys to increase or decrease the value the new value is highlighted and the slider moves and the effect is applied.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• Staff

Hi both. 

On 4/4/2019 at 9:12 PM, Mr. K said:

There's a problem with it. Just entering the number should act the same as moving the slider, and it does not.

That would be wrong. You can type in basic expressions or units in that field, so applying the value after a number would be wrong. You would need to press return to confirm the value, otherwise, it is still "waiting". A value of 30 as in your example can be 30px, 30mm, 30cm, 30/2, 30*5, etc.

I will move this to discussions as it's not a bug. 

Thanks,

Gabe. 

I will disagree. I don't care if you call it a bug or not, but my opinion is it should work differently than it does. I think that changes in the window should be entered when the window is closed, but they are not. I have to enter a number (and it does not matter if I enter the PX or not as you can see in my screen shot,) press enter, and the press close. If I enter a number and just press close, then nothing changes. If I move the slider and press close, the change is accepted.

Screen Shot 2019-04-09 at 12.51.56 PM.png

21 minutes ago, Mr. K said:

I think that changes in the window should be entered when the window is closed, but they are not.

I agree with this one.

21 minutes ago, Mr. K said:

If I move the slider and press close, the change is accepted.

Changes to the slider are applied directly to the value.  Changes to a text box are made to a copy of the value that is loaded into an "editor" object which only appears to be the field itself (it takes over the display where the field is).  The editor's changes need to be "committed" back to the field to take effect, and from what you are describing, it sounds like that is not happening if you close the window while the editor is active.  I would call that a bug.