You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Unpredictable window redraw

I thought the problem was gone but it still seems to be there.
If I just move the cursor over a picture without even pressing a mousebutton the window (including content and window scales at the side) randomly but frequently does a complete redraw. This is independent how far the movements are. It can happen between 5 times a second to every 5 seconds - unpredictably. This of course results in constant flickering of the window when you work with it. First I thought it was related to my wacom tablet but it happens with the mouse as well. I tried to record it with a screen capture program but all the time screen capture is running it does not happen at all. The redraw does not affect the AP program elements e.g. toolbar or even floating panels over the window itself.

Cheers, Timo

CRM.png.a048d588572393102ac3cc403bfa8af7.png

i7-12700KF, 3.60 GHz, 32GB RAM, SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070, Wacom Intuos 4 Tablet, Windows 11 Pro - AP, AD and APublisher V1 and V2
https://www.timobierbaum.com

Hi Mark, thanks for getting back to me on that one.
And no, the effect occurred in my case when the "View" tool (hand) was selected. And it seems even when I use the "view" tool for just moving the picture smoothly from one side of the window to another I don't get a smooth movement but a constantly interrupted "shaking" movement - could be related to a redraw as well. It seems like the picture goes back to a spot it has been before and than tries to keep up with the mousepointer ...

And as I said - at least with my screen capture program (active presenter) the effect does not appear any more when I start it (It must change something in the environment).

CRM.png.a048d588572393102ac3cc403bfa8af7.png

i7-12700KF, 3.60 GHz, 32GB RAM, SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070, Wacom Intuos 4 Tablet, Windows 11 Pro - AP, AD and APublisher V1 and V2
https://www.timobierbaum.com

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.