You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Ruler Guides not showing??

Hi,

I posted on the problem of Ruler Guide lines not showing some time last year and I thought it had been resolved.
I  tried just now, having updated to v.1.7.0.283 and have a similar problem.

Ruler guides created in the Master pages do show on the master page... other than as a small line on the ruler edge.
They do not show at all on the document page - either as pecked lines nor even on the edge of the ruler.

Similarly, ruler guides created on the document page show on the ruler edge (both Vert & Horiz) but not on the page - they do not show at all in the Master page.

Moreover the line that shows as one drags it out from the ruler (and does actually show as it moves over the page) is so thin it's only just visible - really needs to be a bit thicker.

Also the guides manager seems to have no effect when it comes to defining colour for the guides. It does give the guides position, but that's about as helpful as it gets.

Ideally, I'd like to specify from the manager a range of attributes to each guide line - eg. a name. colour, thickness, position,

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Hal.

• Staff

Hi oldwestern,

I've added some guides to a master here and they are visible as pecked lines on a page the master is applied to.

Can you let me know if you are on a retina screen by any chance?

Is it possible for you to attach a document demonstrating the issue?

Thanks!

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Hi Jon,

Here are the screenshots.

01 = Showing the green ruler guide overlaying the Master Page whist holding the cursor button down

02 = Same page after releasing the cursor button
- NO green guideline over laying page, just a blue line in the Ruler bar.

03 = Same as 01, but on the Document Page and holding the cursor button down.
- Green guide line showing and overlaying the page.

04 = Same as 02, but on the Document Page, after releasing the cursor button

- NO green guideline over laying page, just a blue line in the Ruler bar.

Hope this helps.

Regards, Hal.

01-MasterPageHoldingCursor.png

02MasterPageReleased cursor.png

03 DocPageHoldingCursor.png

04 DocPageReleasedCursor.png

On 4/3/2019 at 5:02 PM, oldwestern said:

Ruler guides created in the Master pages do show on the master page... other than as a small line on the ruler edge.
They do not show at all on the document page - either as pecked lines nor even on the edge of the ruler.

Similarly, ruler guides created on the document page show on the ruler edge (both Vert & Horiz) but not on the page - they do not show at all in the Master page.

Sounds like you don't have View > Show Guides checked.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Ok. I had previously tried checking and unchecking Show Guides Show in the  View menu...with no joy.

After sending the previous post with the screen grabs, I updated to 1.7.0.292 and checked over again...the guides are now working - go figure?!

05 = after releasing cursor on Master Page - v.thin solid green line showing

06 = after releasing cursor on Document Page - v.thin pecked line showing 

05CursorReleasedOnMasterPage.png

06CurssorReleasedOnDocumentPage.png

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.