Sven Hebinck

Affinity Photo Paint Brush Tool artefacts on the new 3rd gen iPad Pro 12.9 inch

Hi,

I’m having a glitch while using the Affinity Photo app. The version is 1.6.12.86. The iOS version on the iPad Pro 12.9 inch 3rd gen (2018) is 12.2

Basically the problem consists in that when I make a new document (in this case a print a4 doc), and make a pixel layer and start drawing with the paint brush tool, I get slight artefacts on the screen (like blocks or squares or so, and they disappear and reappear randomly). 

I have seen in other forums that some are also having this issue, but just with the latest iPad Pro versions (11 inch and 12.9 inch, 3rd gen models). It’s a really annoying thing, since I want to use the program for sketching and drawing a lot and this makes the experience really bad, considering it’s an otherwise excellent application!

Here’s a video attached so you can understand it better. You can see the first glitches at 0:56s, and major glitches at 2:13 (which is what I normally experience a lot).

Thank you. 

Hi @Sven Hebinck,

Welcome to the forums. 

We are aware of this issue, but so far it only happened on the latest iPad. I will log this with our developers. 

Thanks,

Gabe. 

Just wanted to add that it happens on new smaller iPad Pro 2018 11" as well (using new iPencil). 

W10, i5 2.4GHz, 8GB RAM, nVidia GeForce 840A, Wacom Intuos Pro M, iPad Pro 2018. 
 W10, Xeon 3.20GHz, 32GB RAM, nVidia Quadro 600, Wacom Intuos Pro M
pilcrow.eu | vivaldi.com | qwant.com