You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Lets contact our fav filter creators for affinity!

dizeyner

Il start the ball rolling by saying: Mr Retro has made great filters for photoshop which Im sad to say cant be used in Affinity. PLEASE go to his page and ask him to make his filters for affinity!

If there are any other filter makers that you all have loved in the old pshop please ask them to make filters for affinity. Please post their facebook page, or other contact method here, and Ill be happy to make requests as well. I miss all my goodies but never going back to the rob-you-blind-subscription model that adobe demands.

If there are any filters out there for affinity please let me know!

21 hours ago, dizeyner said:

there are any filters out there for affinity please let me know!

Look at MEB's page on just this. Unfortunately it is a bit out of date, but it is getting updated slowly.

See also this recent thread.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

On 4/4/2019 at 8:33 AM, John Rostron said:

Look at MEB's page on just this. Unfortunately it is a bit out of date, but it is getting updated slowly.

See also this recent thread.

John

to the best of my knowledge no filters work with affinity. Because how could we load them unless the software allows you to load them? gotta admit I have found affinity learning curve a little daunting because they frequently use odd terminology as compared to what Im used to. Or, I just do not know how to find it. defo would like to see an official list FROM affinity showing filters they support. Best of my knowledge no one making filters for them. 

14 hours ago, dizeyner said:

to the best of my knowledge no filters work with affinity. Because how could we load them unless the software allows you to load them? gotta admit I have found affinity learning curve a little daunting because they frequently use odd terminology as compared to what Im used to. Or, I just do not know how to find it. defo would like to see an official list FROM affinity showing filters they support. Best of my knowledge no one making filters for them. 

Your first assertion: 'no filters work with affinity' is simply not true. I have a dozen or more filter plugins working on my Photo 1.6, most of which also work in the 1.7 beta.

Adobe publishes an API  for plugins that act as filters. Those filters which adhere to the specification closely will work with Photo. Unfortunately not all plugins do so.

Some, but not all plugin companies do work with Affinity to ensure that their plugins work. Filter Forge is a case in point.

I do concur with your last point though. A definitive list from Affinity would be desirable without having to rely on @MEB's list, which is his own personal effort.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630