You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

If you are using the Windows version, there will be some differences because almost all the official videos were done with the Mac one. But there should not be many if you are using the default settings, so if this does not explain what you are seeing it would help if you mentioned what differences you see.

5 hours ago, LaneK said:

how do I get this question answered?

By posting to this forum (as you have done). Just keep in mind that you may not get an answer from a staff member immediately, particularly if you post near the end of the workday in Europe.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• Staff

Hi LaneK,

Welcome to the forums :)

Could you please provide a screenshot of the issue you're seeing? Our video tutorials may have been recorded in earlier versions of Affinity and the app may appear slightly different, however there is no tutorial that I am aware of that cannot be followed correctly in the most recent version of Affinity.

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

38 minutes ago, LaneK said:

The first one is  mine  RThe second is what I want.

Go the the menu Window > Separated Mode. Set it to off, uncheck it.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.