You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Cannot install Publisher Public Beta - 1.7.0.283 (split)

Hi, I had the previous version working fine, now I can´t install this new one, when I try to install a wondow shoes up saying "supported windows version not found".

Thanks in advance

• Staff

@mmdp

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :) 

We have recently increased the minimum Windows to version. From the opening post in this thread

Requirements: 64 Bit Win 7 SP1 / Win 8.1 / Win 10  (>=1607)

Please can you tell me what version of Windows you are running?

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff

Hi I have split your reply into a new thread. 

I the About box for Windows (click the Windows logo bottom left and type "About") what Windows 10 Version are you using please mine says "

Edition     Windows 10 Pro
Version    1809

If yours is less than Version 1607 you will need to update/patch your Windows 10 before you can install our software.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

I'm having the same or a similar problem. I can't install the update, or even the full beta. Yes I've restarted. I have 1809 windows, and I've been running Publisher Beta for a while. I need this program! Any help would be appreciated. The notification is attached herein.

publisherfail.jpg

42 minutes ago, revbobuk said:

Also can't install new version. Running Win 10 64-bit build 1803, and I note that I can't now uninstall, as Affinity doesn't appear in the list of programs. I've attached setupui.log, but it tells me nothing!

It tells me that you should try this: reboot, and then right-click on the installer .exe file and choose "Run as administrator".

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff

Hi @revbobuk,

The log shows that it is failing to write into the install directory:

The installer has insufficient privileges to access this directory: C:\Program Files\Affinity\Publisher Public Beta.  The installation cannot continue.  Log on as administrator or contact your system administrator.

This is why Walt asked you to restart/run as admin as it can often resolve these types of issues. Are you the only user on your machine? Are you able to navigate to and delete this directory manually?

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Don't quite understand this - I'm the only user on the machine, and am an administrative user. And I can't delete the install directory! 

[And after another restart, this time it works fine. It's a black art!]

Thanks for the help!

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.