You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Version 116 Brightness & Contrast in 32 bit HDR

Hi, Thanks for the great work in the latest Beta.

I was not expecting the result for the Brightness & Contrast adjustment, there is no difference if Linear is checked or not. I have attached screen shots from version 112 & 116 showing the results for Linear checked & unchecked. Version 112 worked as expected for me when linear was unchecked.

MacBook Pro late 2016 running Sierra

Brightness Contrast Bug.png

• 1 month later...

A nice surprise to see another beta this morning, I am not near my desktop for a few days so can’t try it out yet. 

I was wondering if the bug logged has been fixed yet... I am not nagging:9_innocent:. If not fixed, is it due soon ?  

I prefer curves as well, but sometimes a quick brightness adjustment gets the image where you want it. I am disappointed with this decision and agree that it’s a mistake, I just hope that they reconsider. 

5 hours ago, >|< said:

The pixel values in 32 bpc documents are in a linear colour space, yes

21 hours ago, MEB said:

32 bit documents are always linear

I don't think this is safe to assume.  There is nothing about a 32-bit file format that inherently prevents it from being in a logarithmic space.  Even if they are uncommon I could see this happening, particularly with VFX work in the cinema world.

5 hours ago, >|< said:

this change breaks the appearance of pre-1.7 created 32 bpc documents containing non-linear B&C adjustment layers when opened in 1.7

Agree that this is a problem that should NEVER make it out of beta.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.