You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Section manager tutorial?

Does anyone know of a good video tutorial on the section manager?

I couldn't find anything obvious.

At the moment I am creating masters with the running heads for the various sections, and just applying or clearing masters in order to make do.

But is the section manager something I ought to be using for some good reason? 

Thanks

1 hour ago, gumbo23 said:

Does anyone know of a good video tutorial on the section manager?

I couldn't find anything obvious.

At the moment I am creating masters with the running heads for the various sections, and just applying or clearing masters in order to make do.

But is the section manager something I ought to be using for some good reason

Thanks

Yes it is.

Set up one master page and put a text frame where you want the 'section name' to go. go to View > Studio > Fields and from that panel select Section Name. You can inset this into your text frame on the master page. Now go to the Section Manager and decide what page the next section starts on create a new section and name it (in the bottom right area of the box). Name the first section as well.

You will see the name section name appear in the pages and it will change as you move through the document going from section to section. 

Tip: Name your layers in the Master Page then where you have a page which you do not want the section name to appear just expand the Master page layer on that page and untick the visibility of the Section Text frame.

I wrote this without coffee.You will probably have questions.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

2 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

Yes it is.

Set up one master page and put a text frame where you want the 'section name' to go. go to View > Studio > Fields and from that panel select Section Name. You can inset this into your text frame on the master page. Now go to the Section Manager and decide what page the next section starts on create a new section and name it (in the bottom right area of the box). Name the first section as well.

You will see the name section name appear in the pages and it will change as you move through the document going from section to section. 

Tip: Name your layers in the Master Page then where you have a page which you do not want the section name to appear just expand the Master page layer on that page and untick the visibility of the Section Text frame.

I wrote this without coffee.You will probably have questions.

Thanks OB - I'll have a go