Herojas93

Perspective tool issue

Rasterising the pixel layer will work but it changes its DPI from almost 6000 to 72

If you want to keep the extremely large DPI and not rasterise the layer then the...

Layer > New Live Filter Layer > Distort > Perspective

command appears to work OK

Due to the ongoing Brexit negotiations, punctuation, spelling and grammar will be used sparingly until further notice.

There seems to be some problem with the (ridiculously) high PPI of the two images. And when I used @carl123's suggestion of the live filter I saw that the two images don't meet up in the upper part of the seam.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) Mac OS 10.12.6 || Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 10.14.5

Affinity Designer 1.7.0 | Affinity Photo 1.7.0 | Affinity Publisher beta 1.7.0.384 | Affinity Photo beta 1.7.1.138 | Affinity Designer Beta 1.7.0.14

Thanks. I suggest you rasterise that layer. Your document is only 1920 x 1080 @ 72 dpi so there is no reason why you would want to keep it as 6000 DPI. Rasterise the layer before the live perspective filter and you should be fine :)

3 hours ago, GabrielM said:

72 dpi

72 dpi seems quite low if this is going to be printed.  If this is for digital/screen/projection use only that should be ok, but if it will be printed, it should be higher than that (300dpi or higher).

My understanding is that rasterizing in the Affinity products will rasterize at the dpi resolution that is set for the document.  If that is correct, the document resolution should be increased to 300dpi or higher (whatever it will be printed at if known) before rasterizing.

That said, the document size as indicated is video resolution in which case this is irrelevant.

4 minutes ago, fde101 said:

72 dpi seems quite low if this is going to be printed.  If this is for digital/screen/projection use only that should be ok, but if it will be printed, it should be higher than that (300dpi or higher).

My understanding is that rasterizing in the Affinity products will rasterize at the dpi resolution that is set for the document.  If that is correct, the document resolution should be increased to 300dpi or higher (whatever it will be printed at if known) before rasterizing.

Yes and no. DPI on its own does not have any effect on pixels. You can have 1DPI or 1 million DPI, if you keep the resolution 1920x1080, it will have the same amount of pixels. You would need to know the print size and the required DPI, so you can work out the required pixel resolution. 

1 minute ago, GabrielM said:

DPI on its own does not have any effect on pixels. You can have 1DPI or 1 million DPI, if you keep the resolution 1920x1080

Yes, sorry, I had missed that the document size was given in pixels when I wrote that.  I was thinking in terms of a document that was sized in a real-world unit in which case the DPI setting would have had an impact on the pixel resolution.