You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

* A new way to import photos

My suggestion is to add an import photo function, how about importing photos via wifi?

The mobile version of the photo editing function was originally designed to be easy to edit anytime, anywhere, rather than being uploaded to the icloud drive via a computer to connect to the network for editing, which is too inconvenient on the road.

Most digital cameras now support the transfer of photos from the camera to the phone via WiFi, but in the iPhone we can't get photos in raw format. Is it possible to import raw format photos directly into the affinity photo for ipad via the camera and tablet connection? Even if you only transfer one at a time.

I don't know if adding this feature is feasible, so it's just a suggestion.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/3/2019 at 8:42 AM, HansYang said:

My suggestion is to add an import photo function, how about importing photos via wifi?

The mobile version of the photo editing function was originally designed to be easy to edit anytime, anywhere, rather than being uploaded to the icloud drive via a computer to connect to the network for editing, which is too inconvenient on the road.

Most digital cameras now support the transfer of photos from the camera to the phone via WiFi, but in the iPhone we can't get photos in raw format. Is it possible to import raw format photos directly into the affinity photo for ipad via the camera and tablet connection? Even if you only transfer one at a time.

I don't know if adding this feature is feasible, so it's just a suggestion.

I have a Canon camera that uses Wi-fi, but I no longer use the Wi-fi since the Canon camera or Canon app automatically converts any captured RAW files to jpg before transfer to iPad or iPhone over Wi-fi to reduce the transfer time as Wi-fi is very slow for large RAW files.

Instead, I use the Apple USB connector to connect my iPad to my camera directly, in this way the IOS Photos app imports the CR2 RAW files directly over the much higher speed USB direct link.

You can also use the Apple SD card reader to import RAW files as well.

My dad always told me, a bad workman always blames their tools….

Just waiting for Ronny Pickering…..

Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on macOS Sonoma 14 on M1 Mac Mini 16GB 1TB
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on Windows 10 Pro. Deceased
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 2.4 on M1 iPad Pro 11” on iPadOS 17.4 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityForiPad

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityPhoto/

The hardest link to find https://affinity.help