You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello:

I just purchased Affinity Photo today, hoping to replace Adobe and their subscription.  But I am having trouble with one thing - resizing.

I am a digital artist, and I save all my work at 300 dpi so it can be used to create fine art prints.  But no matter how I try and how many tutorials I watch, I cannot get Affinity Photo to save anything at more than 72 dpi.   Watched the tutorials on Vimeo, YT, looked through the Affinity FAQ, googled for any solution at all, and I can find nothing that will allow me to save a document at 300 dpi.  What am I missing, or is this not possible?  If it's not possible, then I'm afraid AP is not the software I need.  

Thanks for your help in advance!

barbaralbs

Edited by barbaralbs
word left out

In the 1.7.0.284 bèta this works as expected
In the 1.6.xxx in the Export Settngs dialog box, click on More and uncheck "Embed metadata".

Affinity Photo  2.3.1

Laptop MSI Prestige PS42
Windows 11 Home 23H2 (Build 22631.3007) - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8565U CPU @ 1.80GHz   2.00 GHz - RAM 16,0 GB

8 hours ago, HVDB Photography said:

In the 1.7.0.284 bèta this works as expected
In the 1.6.xxx in the Export Settngs dialog box, click on More and uncheck "Embed metadata".

Thank you so much!  I tried it out, and it worked.  I wonder why this is not in any of the tutorials, though.  As a new Affinity User, I would never have thought to do that or even look for it!  Hopefully the next update will take care of the problem.

5 hours ago, barbaralbs said:

I wonder why this is not in any of the tutorials, though.

Possibly because it is a long standing bug that (finally!) got fixed in one of the recent 1.7 betas.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7