Just a few things I've run across. The PDF import does not recognize embedded fonts yet. I worked around by importing the pdf in PagePlus then exporting as PDF out of there.

The trebuchet and gills sans font still has issues.

When I am typing a story, the letters appear on the screen in slow motion.

JUST AN IDEA - It would be great if the program could preview the front like adobe indesign cc does. In the font drop down box it gives you a sample of the sentence youre writing.

16 hours ago, JPSports said:

JUST AN IDEA - It would be great if the program could preview the front like adobe indesign cc does. In the font drop down box it gives you a sample of the sentence youre writing.

So you're wanting something more than the preview it already provides, which is just the font name?
fontlist.png.b829c1dbea701635c1c7a49fbe67d752.png 

If so, just select some of the text in the Text Frame (or Artistic Text) and it will preview as you move the selection in the font list. E.g., I have selected "Donec Magna" and the text changed from Arial to AR Essence as I scrolled down the list.

fontlist.png.88e4d4aad2dd696a74d5001143ca4492.png

image.png

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.145), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.0.367 and 1.7.1.390 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.0.367 and 1.7.1.390 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.384 Beta

Sorry JPSPorts, I can see the program is slow for you but are you reporting a particular (new) bug here? If so how do I reproduce? 

Thanks for your help

Patrick Connor

Serif (Europe) Ltd.

• Thank you. I am not sure. As I type the text it appears on the screen in slow motion. 

Usually the text appears on the screen as I type it. On my laptop, it has a delay. It sort of jumps on the screen. It has been this way for several versions of AP.

If I type in word, pageplus, indesign or even here, it does not show that problem.

I have win10 on a dell laptop.

Test Issue.afpub

Thank you Walt that is helpful. I just thought it was cool that when I want to change a font, the ID font drop box shows the preview in the samples rather than the name of the font.

Thanks again 

I liked the ID fe

Test Issue.pdf

What layer effect?

fwiw, it works here with the few I tried. But do note that unless you double-click on it, cut all of it (or parts thereof) and then delete the embeded version, then paste, any/all layer effects act upon the entire placed PDF.

capture-002655.png.dd1c11881aba412c9296a0319a28c161.png

My computer is a nothing-special Toshiba laptop with unremarkable specs running Windows 10 64-bit.