You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Just a few things I've run across. The PDF import does not recognize embedded fonts yet. I worked around by importing the pdf in PagePlus then exporting as PDF out of there.

The trebuchet and gills sans font still has issues.

When I am typing a story, the letters appear on the screen in slow motion.

JUST AN IDEA - It would be great if the program could preview the front like adobe indesign cc does. In the font drop down box it gives you a sample of the sentence youre writing.

16 hours ago, JPSports said:

JUST AN IDEA - It would be great if the program could preview the front like adobe indesign cc does. In the font drop down box it gives you a sample of the sentence youre writing.

So you're wanting something more than the preview it already provides, which is just the font name?
fontlist.png.b829c1dbea701635c1c7a49fbe67d752.png 

If so, just select some of the text in the Text Frame (or Artistic Text) and it will preview as you move the selection in the font list. E.g., I have selected "Donec Magna" and the text changed from Arial to AR Essence as I scrolled down the list.

fontlist.png.88e4d4aad2dd696a74d5001143ca4492.png

image.png

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff

Sorry JPSPorts, I can see the program is slow for you but are you reporting a particular (new) bug here? If so how do I reproduce? 

Thanks for your help

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Thank you. I am not sure. As I type the text it appears on the screen in slow motion. 

Usually the text appears on the screen as I type it. On my laptop, it has a delay. It sort of jumps on the screen. It has been this way for several versions of AP.

If I type in word, pageplus, indesign or even here, it does not show that problem.

I have win10 on a dell laptop.

Test Issue.afpub

What layer effect?

fwiw, it works here with the few I tried. But do note that unless you double-click on it, cut all of it (or parts thereof) and then delete the embeded version, then paste, any/all layer effects act upon the entire placed PDF.

capture-002655.png.dd1c11881aba412c9296a0319a28c161.png

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.