You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Designer crashes and reports corrupt files

After installing the latest version 1.7.0.284 AD after opening, shows a slew of corrupted files (the entire width of the bar is filled with corrupted files), all named 'untitled'. When closing them I am required to save them (there is no way to not save them). When I do, AD crashes. It suddenly closes without giving an opportunity to send crash reports. I tried starting AD while holding the Control key, which does not change the situation. I am running AD on Windows 10 on a 16GB RAM machine with an Asus Mb and an Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti GPU. Please advice.

Home: https://vectorwhiz.com  : : : :  Portfolio blog: https://communicats.blogspot.com

Designer version 1.7.0.284 is the latest beta version and so this should really be reported in the beta forum.  However, since this version is a beta this post makes very clear that it should not be used for production purposes since "corruption" of files created in earlier versions is possible and backwards compatibility is likely to be a problem!  :(

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

@GabrielM

Thanks for the post.  But I'm not experiencing the OP's problem so there's nothing for me to delete!!  :D:D

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

found out that when closing a file by a click on x on the tab designer craches.

saving the file first by file>save and than close the file by a click on X on the tab there is no crash and no recovery file in temp.

intel core i5,  16GB 128Gb ssd win10 Pro Huion new 1060plus.

philips 272p 2560x1440px on intel HD2500 onboard graphics

Razer Tartarus Chroma

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.