Maz42

Lumix Hi Res Raw Files

I am experimenting with Lumix G9 hires mode and producing 80MP (10368 x 7776) raw files.

I can correctly import the same raw files into Photoshop and they import as 80MP with no issues, but in either the release or current beta version of Affinity Photo, all I get is noise (see attached screenshot) this file if saved  in Affinity is 651.2 MB. As I am looking to replace Photoshop with Affinity this needs resolving

Screenshot 2019-04-02 at 10.39.58.png

Just to note - if I use Adobe dng converter to convert these files to DNG they will then open correctly in Affinity Photo.

Hi!

*Im using the trial version*

I had the same issue with regards to the  "pink noise picture".  

I tried to upload/open a RAW (RW2 format) from a Panasonic GH5s.

Is this from my GH5s not being compatible running Mac High Sierra (core raw image option)?

OR

Is this from my GH5s not being compatible with Affinity Photo?

OR BOTH

Pumped to get using this APP once I figure out if I can use it with my camera & system.

Thanks

~Mike

Posted (edited)

I have the same issue with my GH5S - this camera has been out for well over a year now guys so what is happening? I just get the pink noisy screen for raw files. What point is this software, I didn't think for 1 minute when I purchased it that I wouldn't be able to edit my raw photos...…..And PS I use windows desktop.

Edited by sitimms
adding info