You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Open more than one studio item at once without duplicating actions?

Just about every day I am opening up "Layers" from the Studio by going to View>Studio, then I want "History" and repeat the process.

Is there any way that I can leave the Studio open until I have ticked the items I want, instead of this repeating?  

I have looked through the Manual and for Studio it shows 22 entries - I may have missed how to do it, but doubt that!

Jafa - Just Another Fantastic Aucklander

(Jim)

Windows 11

Affinity Photo 2.4

Lightroom 6

Nik Collection and Topaz Denoise AI

Intel Core i7 9700K @ 3.60GHz    32 °C
Coffee Lake 14nm Technology

No is the short answer.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

The longer answer is to look at the shortcut keys option in preferences.

In there you can configure shortcut keystrokes. ⌥ (Alt + letter seems to be configurable) so ⌥ + H would toggle the History Panel.

72413372_ScreenShot2019-04-02at08_50_15.png.bfb40bea6079b074b9fb6bbbe566708b.png

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

8 hours ago, Jaffa said:

Just about every day I am opening up "Layers" from the Studio by going to View>Studio, then I want "History" and repeat the process.

Then why not just leave these studio panels open all the time? Unless something isn't working as expected on your system, the Studio panel configuration should remain the same each time you start the app as the last time you quit it. IOW, it is what is often referred to in the forums as a "sticky" setting.

If your screen is too small to keep all the Studio panels you want open at the same time, there are options that will help with that.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Hi RC-R,  it's not just when I have a new session,  I can have Layers and History open for one photo, then later when that photo is closed I open another photo and the Layers and History are not there - and I have not closed those panels.  This is in the same session and I go into Studio thinking that - maybe they are there and perhaps hidden behind another window - but they are unticked!   It is certainly not screen size because I use two monitors, one for the program and the larger (about 550 mms) for the image.

(Jim)

Windows 11

Affinity Photo 2.4

Lightroom 6

Have you tried: View > Studio > Reset Studio

Thanks firstdefence, I will try that should work!

(Jim)

Windows 11

Affinity Photo 2.4

Lightroom 6