Bomb, bomb, bomb, virtually every plugin I try causes a crash. If there is not going to be an accurate way to determine if a plugin is going to function safely or not…why not create a piece of code that will block the install or accessibility to a plugin or group of plugins to keep the app from bombing, causing a loss of work, corruption of directories etc? If there is no way to have an educated way of determining the viability of a plugin, don't allow unknown plugins to be installed or recognized period.

For Affinity.zip

Hi @GreatSouthernBear,

It would be helpful if you attach the plugins in question, so we can see what's going on. 

Did you tick the "Allow Unknown Plugins to be used"? If so, any instability/crash would be half-expected. 

Thanks,

Gabe. 

10 hours ago, GabrielM said:

Hi @GreatSouthernBear,

It would be helpful if you attach the plugins in question, so we can see what's going on. 

Did you tick the "Allow Unknown Plugins to be used"? If so, any instability/crash would be half-expected. 

Thanks,

Gabe. 

I tried the new ParticleShop with the newest betas for Photo and ParticleShop bombed, then our beta bombed. I was unsure which app was crashing which. In fact I tried several plugins on the ok list and they refused to function or only partially functioned in the current betas. As far as Unknown Plugins is concerned…how will we ever get to know hat will work or not if we don't try?

7 hours ago, GreatSouthernBear said:

how will we ever get to know hat will work or not if we don't try?

That's what I was saying in my first post. Once you tick that box, instability and/or crash is expected. We never claimed to support all the Photoshop plugins. Some work, some don't. 

Frankly, most for the plugins that I have do not work at all. This is not the end of all things, but if this app is going to be a significant competitor to Adobe or Corel etc. this area will need to improve considerably. Many of us who will switch over to Photo have a large investment in both time and money in these plugins…I know I do. I am not concerned however, I have total confidence that there will be an enormous improvement in this area as time goes by. That is why I abandoned Adobe…hope springs eternal.