You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

The latest photo beta for windows is available here.  For Mac it is here. Or were you looking for designer? You do not say.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

Sorry John.  It's for Affinity Photo.  Another quick question for you since I'm an old guy and probably do some stupid things on the computer.  Heard different things about Beta's.  Should I install and use or wait till the new version comes out.  I'm pretty good photographer but just not real good with computers on certain things.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.  And, thanks for responding to my initial request.

Gary

If you aren't that great with computers then I would wait until the release version comes out and not worry about the Beta unless you have a desperate need for a new function it offers.  Beta's are generally only suitable for those who are more comfortable with the software and who don't mind coming across (and helping to diagnose) the odd problem that may still exist within the software.  Hopefully by the time the Release version of 1.7 is available, the bugs that you might come across will have been fixed.

Clive

20 hours ago, Snowcap1 said:

Can anyone tell me when we can expect a new update

No. The Serif  policy is that updates are issued when they are ready. They do not have a regular schedule. When you start Affinity Designer (or Photo), the program calls home to check for updates and, if there is one, offers you the opportunity of downloading the new version.

I would also re-iterate the advice from Clive above. I'm an old guy too but I have been using computers for as long as I remember, well before the days of the Apple II and its ilk.

This page will give you the latest build  (version) numbers. Use Help > About to find your current version.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630