You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity being bought by Adobe??

1 hour ago, Alfred said:

They apparently have two legs, one of which is much shorter than the other, so they tend to have great difficulty doing anything other than walk around in tight circles.

Not that easy!   The asymetric legs are a genetic response to running round the steep mountain slopes - you still have to find the little buggers in the heather!  And then there's the issue of whether your hunting the dextro or levo versions....

AP, AD & APub user, running Win10

3 hours ago, carl123 said:

Now we will have to wait another 365 days. :59_sleepy:

You might be leaping to a miscount if you do that....

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

51 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

only hidden till after midday, (well now actually)

Er ... it’s still well before midday in many parts of the world! ;)

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

24 minutes ago, Alfred said:

Er ... it’s still well before midday in many parts of the world! ;)

Which means in some parts of the world you are a spoiler, but in others not....

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

3 hours ago, PaulEC said:

Thanks to a small windfall from the sale of my shares in the Swiss Spaghetti Harvest, I'm afraid that I won't be able to post any more for a while, as I'm off on holiday to Scotland to hunt haggis.

Good lord I was just thinking about that harvest the other day. That and the haggis toss in Scotland.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Well I did bite. Only for some seconds I just thought, okay another fake news rumor.... But it is as in my country there's no such day, only 28th December, Los Santos Inocentes.  But even just reading the first post remembered the date....When I don't realize some days previously to April 1st, I fall for it more strongly.

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.4 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

12 minutes ago, SrPx said:

Well I did bite. Only for some seconds I just thought, okay another fake news rumor.... But it is as in my country there's no such day, only 28th December, Los Santos Inocentes.  But even just reading the first post remembered the date....When I don't realize some days previously to April 1st, I fall for it more strongly.

For that reason I tend not to read any news on April 1st... nor in December 28th.

¡Saludos!

3 hours ago, krh1874 said:

Has nobody checked the date? :D

The-date-checked.png

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

1 hour ago, Old Bruce said:

Hey @firstdefence I wouldn't call you a nobody.

He isn't a nobody; he just didn't check the date correctly:
1551447341_theDate.jpg.660e50f166e45689471e4d1fd8dd8dce.jpg

Affinity Photo