You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Going batty with resizing document

So I have been using Affinity Photo and Designer for awhile now and wanted a portable way to work, so I finally also purchased both for iPad. I am working on a project that I began at 5 x 3 inches but realized I wanted it just a touch taller. So I went to resize and changed document to 5 x 3.5, hit the check mark and... nothing. Tried a few times but each time I would resize and go back in, it was still 5 x 3. So I thought fine, I will start a new document with dimensions set from the get go at 5 x 3.5. Did this, imported everything, etc., but when I came back to open it from the gallery later, the size shown is 5 x 4.. Opened it and went to resize and sure enough it is at 5 x 4 and again won’t change. Do the iPad versions not deal with decimals.. do they just round up or down??? Or do they just show rounded numbers and if so, WHY??????? I work with multiple sizes with similar pieces and change them often to fit the project and have hundreds of them and I am over 40 now, so this memory is not going to remember whether I left a certain piece at 3.5, 3.25, or is it really 3 inches like it says.. Lol

Thanks,

Danna

• Staff

When sizing a document, it will be set to the dimensions you specify. However the fields will round up/down if you go into the Resize option but the dimensions entered will be applied to the document but the fields will not show the exact size.

This has been passed over to our developers to look into further.

Hi Lee, thank you for your response. Actually, after changing to 5 x 3.5, and saving that document as well as saving it as a new document, I opened both in Affinity on the desktop and they were still both 5 x 3.  They actually did not change size.

The additional problem is, it seems even if you could change the size and not resampling. If you move to the next menu and click off resampling, then go back it has the original size (even if you change to an even, say, 4 inches), so if you re-enter 4 then move to the next menu the resampling is back on. If I leave it on and move back the size is still changed, but if I take resampling off then go back, it is back to original size, so then if I change the size then move back to resampling and it’s back on! But if I change size, go take resampling off, go back and see the original size, leave it and go back, resampling is still off. It’s just if I change the size, then resampling is turned on again!  Does that make sense? LOL I basically mean change the size, take off resampling, the size is back to original.  If I change the size again then resampling goes back on. Take it off and size goes back to original. Change size and resampling is on again, turn it off and.... as you can see it is nothing but a vicious cycle!! Haha. But the main issue is not changing to a decimal size..