You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

Hi ElShawnee,

This might be a silly question, but you aren't possibly running both the Mac App Store version and the Beta version are you? Is it possible that you added the palettes in one and not the other and you're looking at the wrong one? Failing that, have you possibly reset them by either pressing 'Reset Fills' in the preferences dialog or started the application with Ctrl held down and chose to delete them?

Sorry if they sound silly, but they're the obvious things to check first :)

Matt

• Staff

You have probably added them as Document palettes. Since you may be working on a different document, they don't appear there which is expected. Check out one document that you are absolutely sure you have used those palletes. They are eventually still there. Then you can export them and re-import again as Application or System palettes to have them available permanently when you run the program.

• 2 years later...

Was looking to see if this had occurred to anyone else as I just had the same happening here. All custom colour palettes, styles, brushes. All gone. 

It did crash on me yesterday, Designer, and after restart all was gone. Is there nowhere AD saves this info somewhere? There's quite a lot I've lost that I use a lot on projects.

Thanks,

Bert

@BertD, more info would help:

• Are you on Mac or Windows?

• Do you have both the retail & beta versions?

• Have you done any of the resets mentioned above?

• What is your backup strategy?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

14 minutes ago, BertD said:

Surely AD stores this somewhere?

You could try ~/Library/Containers/com.seriflabs.affinitydesigner/Data/Library/Application Support (where the tilde represents your user home folder). I think everything is stored either in the User subfolder or the two files, preferences.dat & shortcuts.affshortcuts.

I have no idea if restoring all these items from a backup at once will reintroduce any problems that resulted in the crash, or if they have dependencies that would cause problems if restored one at a time.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7