You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

About importing brushs in the right persona

Hello here , firstly a huge thank you to the app creators, I am enjoying it ! 

2 youtubers make tutorials about affinity designer on IPad. They give free brushs sets in it and I want to use it but I cant because it imports them in the wrong persona. I mean : they are invisible in the pixel persona where I can properly use it BUT I can see it in the vector persona brushs where it’s useless for me. Someone has a trick for this ? Thank you :10_wink:

• Staff

Hi Lecbradem,

Welcome to the forums :)

If the brushes automatically import into the Pixel Persona it means they are raster and not vector which means they can't be used in the Vector Persona.

Thanks

Callum

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

24 minutes ago, Callum said:

If the brushes automatically import into the Pixel Persona it means they are raster and not vector which means they can't be used in the Vector Persona.

Has something changed in the iPad version of Affinity Designer? The last time I tried it, brushes in the desktop version would simply show up when I switched to the correct persona, but in the iPad app the brushes wouldn’t import at all unless I was already in the persona where they could be used.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• Staff
1 minute ago, Alfred said:

Has something changed in the iPad version of Affinity Designer? The last time I tried it, brushes in the desktop version would simply show up when I switched to the correct persona, but in the iPad app the brushes wouldn’t import at all unless I was already in the persona where they could be used.

I'm not aware of any changes like this.

1 minute ago, Callum said:

I'm not aware of any changes like this.

Perhaps you could try going into the Vector Persona in AD on iPad and importing some raster brushes. My recollection is that (unlike AD on desktop, where you just need to switch to the Pixel Persona to use them) they seem to be imported correctly but there’s no sign of them anywhere.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Hi, 

I know it, as I said, I saw youtubers using it in their video : https://youtu.be/F2GZq6vNIsE?t=17 , it means it's possible to use it in pixel persona but in my case, even if I import them in the right persona it doesn't appear in this persona, only in the vector persona where there is no proper brush tool...

When it import the brush set, the app freezes a little bit and the new panel doesn't popup as it usually does. Very strange ! 

• Staff

Hi Lecbradem,

The brushes he uses at the start of his tutorial aren't the ones found in the video description. The ones used in his video are called 
Jhonatan S Silva.Sketch. The ones he provides in his description are called jhon.FREE-VectorB-student which are not raster brushes which makes them impossible to use in the Pixel Persona.

Hooo, ok, I saw the "vector B" in the name but I thought it was impossible He provided a resource which doesnt work with his video. Plus, it's exactly the same brushs except it's vector persona brushs unstead of pixel persona ones....so weird ! 

Anyways, thanks a lot Callum for your help !