Acapulco

Warp Mesh Tool keeps crashing affinity photo

Hello, 

I'm actually making a design using a lot of text that i warp to follow some shapes, using the warp mesh tool.

Unfortunatly, i got multiple crash since the beginning i'm making this design.

I'm on Windows 10 64 bits, i think i saw already some subject about it here. It's a little bit annoying, i have to save each time i successfully do a warp, to be sure i don't lose my work.

Any fix soon about this one?

Hello,

I just reproduced it now, only creating a new empty project, then clicking on text tool, writing text, then directly clicking warp mesh tool and randomly moving all the 4 edges of the text  quickly.

Here in the blank project i created for it. I tried the same manipulation 10 times in a row, without producing any bug. It seems quite random.

Will try doing the same thing 5 minutes and record it in case it occurs.

I should add that yesterday i managed to work on my design without any problem, and i used only the warp mesh tool a lot.

Sans titre.afphoto

I just managed to reproduce it, here is the footage of the bug:

Just before the bug happened, it have hit Ctrl + Z on my keyboard, then the bug happens. Thought it was link to that, to i tried making the same manipulation multiple time, but it didn't do anything.

Also when the bug occurs, i clearly hear my cpu doing strange noise and the cpu fan accelerating.

Btw, the video is on youtube but not searchable, tell me when you processed all the info needed to find a fix, so that i delete the video from my account ;)

Edited by Acapulco

Well that's strange. 

But searching your forum, i saw I'm not the only one to get this bug. 

Are there any crash log i can submit to you to help resolve this issue ? 

Maybe it's linked to my cpu, or my gpu, but it'd be strange because i have a strong config (nvidia rtx 1080, i7 and 16gb ram). 

Would be glad to help in any way. 

When it crashes, should get a pop-up message. Don't close it, and navigate to %AppData%\Affinity\Photo\1.0\CrashReports . Attach it here and I can log it with our developers. 

Hello

I followed your instructions, but i didn't see any crash report file pop in the given directory before i closed the pop up message unfortunatly.

Isn't there any flag i can set while launching the program such as a debug flag to have logs written whatever happens in the software?

Can you please send me a PM (we try to avoid posting email addresses on the forums to avoid any spam) with a screenshot of your Preferences > Miscellaneous? image.png 

We can look the crash report by the registered email address :)

After coming across this request on my facebook groups I have been able to repeat this on multiple platforms, Windows 10 and Macbook !

In the Acapulco example a custom  page size of 500 x 500 is used, when the test message "TEST" is added it is quite readable but is actually only a small font size 12pt. 

It fails every time when this small text is manipulated using mesh warp tool. Screen recording on MAC to follow matching the PC recording above. It does not seem to appear when a larger font is manipulated. 

Edit: Screen recording added.

Failure occurs at fifth node stretch.

Note it does not actually crash, it just partially locks up on both Mac and PC. On my PC it is easy to hear it as fans go into overdrive 93% CPU utilisation for Affinity Photo.

On the Mac I still some control but you can see in the recording when the graphics engine stops responding. On both Mac and PC, I am unable to close Affinity Photo down and have to force close the app.

Affinity Photo 1.8, Designer 1.8, Publisher 1.8 on MACOS Catalina and Windows 10.
Affinity Photo 1.8, Designer 1.8 on iPad Pro 9.7" iPadOS 13.5 beta.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/affinityforipad/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityPhoto/

On 4/8/2019 at 11:41 AM, GabrielM said:

Can you please send me a PM (we try to avoid posting email addresses on the forums to avoid any spam) with a screenshot of your Preferences > Miscellaneous? image.png 

We can look the crash report by the registered email address :)

The original opo lost her password so reported this via Affinity Photo facebook group as well.

Affinity Photo 1.8, Designer 1.8, Publisher 1.8 on MACOS Catalina and Windows 10.
Affinity Photo 1.8, Designer 1.8 on iPad Pro 9.7" iPadOS 13.5 beta.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/affinityforipad/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityPhoto/

I still have this problem frequently in 1.8.3.641.  This past week it must have crashed on my 4 times with this, no crash report or anything, just complete hangup of the software and it started using obscene amounts of CPU cycles.