You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher 1.7.0.283 is putting obsolete title in .pdf

A document I created as a template for other docs is creating PDF files that contain a "title" that refers to what must be a prior version of the file. I believe the document header must contain something like what an html doc has:

<title>You Put Your Doc Title Here</title>

In a browser, the doc title should show in the tab, as in the attached screen print. What's showing is totally different from the actual document name.

Is there some way I can fix this?

AFFINITY-PUB-MADE-WRONG-PAGE-TITLE.jpg

TEMPLATE-MCF-1-UP.pdf

TEMPLATE-MCF-1-UP.afpub

​Sharon

4 hours ago, CatLady said:

A document I created as a template for other docs is creating PDF files that contain a "title" that refers to what must be a prior version of the file. I believe the document header must contain something like what an html doc has:
<title>You Put Your Doc Title Here</title>
In a browser, the doc title should show in the tab, as in the attached screen print. What's showing is totally different from the actual document name.
Is there some way I can fix this?

I'm not sure I got it right. If it's about exporting the APub file to PDF, it works for me (see attached file).
Remark: You have text overflow in two places. Maybe this is interpreted differently by different machines.

TEMPLATE-MCF-1-UP_A.pdf

From the menu: View > Studio > Fields and you'll see that your document title is specified as mcf-2018-09-miller. If that's not what you want then you should change it.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

On 3/31/2019 at 7:08 AM, walt.farrell said:

From the menu: View > Studio > Fields and you'll see that your document title is specified as mcf-2018-09-miller. If that's not what you want then you should change it.

THANK YOU! That worked!

​Sharon

• 1 year later...

Hi, first time posting so hopefully I'm doing this right.  I've had this same issue. After creating a whole lot of files for a customer, I did a final check through all the files only to find that when they open in a browser they have a completely different title than the file name. These titles are the names of the original files that I saved a copy of to use for new versions. Problem is when I try to follow the steps (View > Studio > Fields) provided in this thread I can't find "Fields". 

Here's a screenshot

missing field option.png

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.