CatLady

Publisher 1.7.0.283 is putting obsolete title in .pdf

A document I created as a template for other docs is creating PDF files that contain a "title" that refers to what must be a prior version of the file. I believe the document header must contain something like what an html doc has:

<title>You Put Your Doc Title Here</title>

In a browser, the doc title should show in the tab, as in the attached screen print. What's showing is totally different from the actual document name.

Is there some way I can fix this?

AFFINITY-PUB-MADE-WRONG-PAGE-TITLE.jpg

TEMPLATE-MCF-1-UP.pdf

TEMPLATE-MCF-1-UP.afpub

​Sharon

4 hours ago, CatLady said:

A document I created as a template for other docs is creating PDF files that contain a "title" that refers to what must be a prior version of the file. I believe the document header must contain something like what an html doc has:
<title>You Put Your Doc Title Here</title>
In a browser, the doc title should show in the tab, as in the attached screen print. What's showing is totally different from the actual document name.
Is there some way I can fix this?

I'm not sure I got it right. If it's about exporting the APub file to PDF, it works for me (see attached file).
Remark: You have text overflow in two places. Maybe this is interpreted differently by different machines.

TEMPLATE-MCF-1-UP_A.pdf

My Specs:
- Processor: AMD Phenom™ II X4 955 Processor 3.20 GHz- RAM: 8 GB
- Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250
- Monitor: SyncMaster F2380 (resolution 1920x1080)
- Operating system: Windows 10 Pro (1803) / 64 bit

From the menu: View > Studio > Fields and you'll see that your document title is specified as mcf-2018-09-miller. If that's not what you want then you should change it.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.145), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.0.367 and 1.7.1.390 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.0.367 and 1.7.1.390 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.384 Beta

On 3/31/2019 at 7:08 AM, walt.farrell said:

From the menu: View > Studio > Fields and you'll see that your document title is specified as mcf-2018-09-miller. If that's not what you want then you should change it.

THANK YOU! That worked!

​Sharon