You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Is there a way to intertwine text in AD or AP?

Is there a way to intertwine text so that if look like one is wrapped around the other seamlessly? I’ve tried everything I can think of even the selection option in AP that supposed to help with typography but I can’t even get that! It has been hours that I’ve been trying. I’ve inserted a pic below so you can see what I mean. It’s done with photo and text but I need to know how to do that alone with two different kinds of text. Please and thank you immensely! 

66EF5B4C-B710-49D6-9961-927EA7CF6A08.png

Welcome to the forum @AngelicGraphics 

Just to clarify you want the flowers to look like they are growing through the text?

Probably the easiest method would be type the text and then use the eraser to remove the bits of the text to show the plants. Adjust the opacity of the text layer to about 50% so you can see the plants behind the text, this make erasing a lot easier. Also bear in mind the depth of field so would the plant really overlay the text.

Screen-Shot-2019-03-31-at-15-52-10.png

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

2 hours ago, firstdefence said:

Welcome to the forum @AngelicGraphics 

Just to clarify you want the flowers to look like they are growing through the text?

Probably the easiest method would be type the text and then use the eraser to remove the bits of the text to show the plants. Adjust the opacity of the text layer to about 50% so you can see the plants behind the text, this make erasing a lot easier. Also bear in mind the depth of field so would the plant really overlay the text.

Screen-Shot-2019-03-31-at-15-52-10.png

Thank you!!!! Any ideas how to do this with two different kinds of text?

Rasterize the text and it treat as an image?

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

16 minutes ago, AngelicGraphics said:

Thank you!!!! Any ideas how to do this with two different kinds of text?

Same method
Screen-Shot-2019-03-31-at-18-39-22.png

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Here is a way to erase neatly.

1. Type your words
  2. Arrange them how you want and cmd click on the one of text layers, so for example the (BLEND) layer (Click the icon with the letter A)
  3. This will make a neat selection of the text, you can go to Select > Save selection > As Spare Channel so you can load that selection again if you need too.
  4. With the selection still active, click on the MERGE layer and select the eraser.
  5. Now when you erase its much simpler and neater to do.