You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Text Box Instability on update from Build 270 to 283

The 1.7.0.283 build seems to be a step backward from 270.  I was working on a "features recommendation" after upgrade to 283 when I noticed that the current line parser was not keeping up with my admittedly sluggish typing pace.  It seems to take 5-10 seconds to process a simple 10-word input in a text box.  I have attached the publisher document for show and tell.  I created a second new document with nothing but a text box on a single page and it behaved the same.  I did not exit the Publisher interface but simply File>New ed.

My system state is documented  in http://speccy.piriform.com/results/L5iccRPbIZJEjHTySzFK5ka in excruciating detail.

It is possible that playing around with the text wrap feature excited the regression - see the attached file please.

A couple of errors and recommendation.afpub

12 hours ago, JonasTH said:

The 1.7.0.283 build seems to be a step backward from 270 ........./It seems to take 5-10 seconds to process a simple 10-word input in a text box. 

It is not something new in beta 283.  I have had a similar problem (though only a short delay of about 1/2 to 1 second sometimes when working in a 60 page document from early builds onwards. Since it only occurs infrequently and never when Publisher has just been opened, (and JonasTH says that he didn't close Publisher down, just did a File New operation), and I tried his sample document [which comes up with this error message image.png.821dddc67a66c118b3a309b525393d55.png  when loading but clicking on No let document load] 

When I set up a new text box, the parsing was working perfectly and could keep up with my highest speed typing, maybe there is some problem with his system's caching.  My system has only 4 GB RAM and that is most likely why it appears to be slow at parsing sometimes especially when working on photo editing at the same time.

Pman 

585676532_AffinitySpecsmine.PNG.eef1ab7c9b9948390597e1fa8dfdbdde.PNG

Edited by PMan
I failed to clarify that the document loaded

The first "Text Wrap" screenshot image at the top of page 1 causes the whole document to be sluggish.

If you replace it, delete it or rasterise that image layer the sluggishness disappears

It's a linked EPS document but other than that I don't know why it causes the document sluggishness

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Having read Carl123's comment above, I looked at A couple of errors and recommendation.afpub again. This morning I had simply loaded it, made a new text box and typed with no problem. However if I click on text frame 1, then try editing it, there is a 2 second delay.  After doing that I then created a new text frame as I had done this morning and now there is a 2 second in that too until, as Carl123 said, you delete or rasterise the image in text frame 1

Pman.

• 2 months later...

My apologies for taking so long to answer.  I have been a bit busy of late and haven't revisited forum until now.  In case its useful, sorry no, I seem to have trashed it.  Will try to keep stuff next time.  QA, eh? Seems like we may have been living the Dream about the same unless '64 is a birthdate.  I am ex QA myself.  Keep on keepin' on.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.