You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

One Anchor Hyperlink Does Not Work In Exported PDF

One of my hyperlinks to an anchor works in my project file, but does not work in my exported PDF. I've tested a bunch of different things to try and solve it, but still no luck. Do you have any suggestions? I will try to post a sample file tomorrow with this "bad" link.

I have had trouble with "duplicated" links by which I mean the name is the same for several or all of them, check the Hyperlinks Studio for a list of all the names.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

6 hours ago, Old Bruce said:

I have had trouble with "duplicated" links by which I mean the name is the same for several or all of them, check the Hyperlinks Studio for a list of all the names.

It is not duplicated in the Hyperlinks Studio list of all the names. The link works in AFPub to show source and show target, but it does not work when exported.

1 hour ago, Mr. K said:

I can't figure out why it works in the AFPub file but not the PDF.

I can't either. Having said that I did some work and think the bug you have found is due to the fact that the anchor was at the end of the line, when I replaced it into some where in a word all worked well in the pdf. Further investigation suggests that the Hyperlink was the entire paragraph and not just the three words "Melamine Cut Diagram". Changing the hyperlink to that made it work with Page or Anchor. 

When I say 'work' I mean in the PDF. As you reported it works in the Affinity Publisher document quite well.

Summery, maybe we can't put links or anchors after selecting all of a paragraph even if it is only one line without a return. I think it is the end 'Special Character' causing the problem.

Test.jpeg.22e4bbc5645ec8cef372ce1194e31976.jpeg

you can see how the anchor overlaps the 'end' character.

I hope I have been clear, still working on morning cup of coffee.

Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I think the bug workaround is that we have to be very careful selecting text for Links and Anchors. What I do is make sure the Hyperlink Text is selected word by word so as to not include any special characters like the end of story (or what ever that thing is named, my dictionary is packed away), and I make sure the Anchor is placed within a word.