You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Data in Lens Profiles directory doesn't override lens data

In the latest beta, Lens Profiles library was added again, as it is in 1.6, however it doesn't override lens data, it seem to based only on lens-correction-data.dat. I added the following tag to compact-panasonic.xml:

<camera>
        <maker>Panasonic</maker>
        <model>DMC-TZ70</model>
        <mount>panasonicTZ71</mount>
        <cropfactor>5.58</cropfactor>
    </camera>

And it still don't do automatic lens correction on my raw files taken with my Panasonic TZ70. It works well in 1.6.

I have the same problem here

Asus ROG Strix G17 Notebook:
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H 3.80 GHz with Radeon Vega Graphics | 32GB DDR4 3200mHz RAM
Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB Gfx | 2x 2TB SSD NVMe PCIe M.2 3x4 | Windows 11 Version 22H2 Build 22623.870

18 hours ago, Zabalint said:

In the latest beta, Lens Profiles library was added again, as it is in 1.6,

I do not have a Lens Profile directory in my installation of Photo beta 1.7.0.284 on Windows. And I do not see anything in the Release Notes that indicates they've restored that function.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

4 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

I do not have a Lens Profile directory in my installation of Photo beta 1.7.0.284 on Windows. And I do not see anything in the Release Notes that indicates they've restored that function.

It's a directory in Resources directory, and I have it in 1.7.0.284. In the release notes:

• Added lens correction import directory for overriding/augmenting lens database

Thanks. Missed that in the Release Notes.

And, strangely, I see that I do have that directory on one of my machines with .284, but I do not have it on the other machine that has .284 (where I looked earlier).

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff
15 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

And, strangely, I see that I do have that directory on one of my machines with .284, but I do not have it on the other machine that has .284 (where I looked earlier).

That... is odd. I'll see if development can suggest anything o.O

17 hours ago, Zabalint said:

It's a directory in Resources directory, and I have it in 1.7.0.284. In the release notes:

• Added lens correction import directory for overriding/augmenting lens database

It's not in a Resources directory, so this is perhaps why you think it's not working.

Go to Edit | Preferences. Then choose General, and click on Open Lens Profiles Folder in Explorer...

The path should be:

C:\ProgramData\Affinity\Photo\1.0 (Beta)\LensProfiles

8 hours ago, Mark Ingram said:

It's not in a Resources directory, so this is perhaps why you think it's not working.

Go to Edit | Preferences. Then choose General, and click on Open Lens Profiles Folder in Explorer...

The path should be:

C:\ProgramData\Affinity\Photo\1.0 (Beta)\LensProfiles

Sorry, I did it wrong, I think I have left that directory earlier in Resources. Now I have copied my compact-panasonic.xml to the right path, and it works fine. Thank you!

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.