You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Crashing when exporting to Camera Roll

Hi guys,

i have to report crashes not only in AP as i described in my other topic, but also in AD. When exporting to PNG and trying to save to Camera Roll the app crashes constantly. 

I have to report also a bug with “Import from Cloud”. When you navigate to a specific folder on the cloud service (webdav protocol) you cannot perform a Search because you won’t get any result or filtering in your list of files. 

• Staff

Could be a permissions issue - can you go to your iPad's Settings and scroll down to Affinity Photo/Affinity Designer and make sure the app has both Read and Write access to Photos. If it has, try turning it off and back on again. It's worked for other users in the past.

25 minutes ago, Leigh said:

Could be a permissions issue - can you go to your iPad's Settings and scroll down to Affinity Photo/Affinity Designer and make sure the app has both Read and Write access to Photos. If it has, try turning it off and back on again. It's worked for other users in the past.

Hi thanks for your advice. I can confirm it is the reason for the crash but i also want to highlight that a brand new installation of the app requires the user to make a first step by importing from camera roll. This make the option of “read/write” permissions appear in the ios settings. 

The problem with search/filter a list of files on the cloud service using webdav still remains open. 

• Staff
19 hours ago, gionaguidi said:

Hi thanks for your advice. I can confirm it is the reason for the crash but i also want to highlight that a brand new installation of the app requires the user to make a first step by importing from camera roll. This make the option of “read/write” permissions appear in the ios settings. 

That's correct. We think this issue happens when the app is updated and something happens to this permission.

The problem with search/filter a list of files on the cloud service using webdav still remains open. 

Are you using a specific app to connect to the Webdav cloud drive through Files?

25 minutes ago, Leigh said:

Are you using a specific app to connect to the Webdav cloud drive through Files?

I am using pCloud which has been set  by webDav protocol on Documents by Readdle but... when i try to import from Cloud in AD i guess it is using the native integration of pCloud in Apple File