You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Recovered Lost File Issue (.284)

Hello!

Yesterday I encountered a strange thing:

• I had worked on a file before and had closed it without any problem or message or crash etc.

• Than I opened it again and it told me that there was a recovered lost file. I opened that as well (I had no choice anyway as the "close" button closed only the dialog ...). But as it was exactly the one that I had already saved I wanted to get rid of this recovered file.
    image.thumb.png.b594cc23383f1e4784d73aacea73cfa6.png

• That's the point I became awkward: I got trapped in the program as I could not close it until I would have saved the unwanted file. I think in that dialog there is a third button missing - the "no" option:
     Unbenannt.PNG.4727d4a5f9075ceea55344aa860b5cfc.PNG

My question is:
Why do I have to save the file anyway ("The document will NEED to be saved before it can be closed." and  "You MUST save this file.")?

I resolved that issue by forcing the program to close through the task manager because I didn't want to create a temp file just to delete it afterwards. The original file works fine and has no issues at all.

All the best,
Chris

PS: If you like maps you might also have a look at this community!
PPS: Want to know more about me and my ways? Head over to an Affinity Spotlight article about me and my maps!
PPPS: Do you love public transit and transit maps too? Then have a look at my home-made collection of transit maps under www.instagram.com/transitdiagrams or www.twitter.com/transitdiagrams

PPPPS: Other works than transit maps can be found here www.behance.net/chrisneuherz 

• Staff

Please can you each confirm what sort of drive the file was saved to, thank you

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

7 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

Please can you each confirm what sort of drive the file was saved to, thank you

On a normal HDD (not even an SSD) - nothing fancy.

The folder it is stored in is a Dropbox folder if this might be important. But I had never had issues with this file because of that before.

PS: If you like maps you might also have a look at this community!
PPS: Want to know more about me and my ways? Head over to an Affinity Spotlight article about me and my maps!
PPPS: Do you love public transit and transit maps too? Then have a look at my home-made collection of transit maps under www.instagram.com/transitdiagrams or www.twitter.com/transitdiagrams

PPPPS: Other works than transit maps can be found here www.behance.net/chrisneuherz 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.