You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

i thank the kind gentleman who helped me yesterday and the day before. i 'm still at it...

most of my photos & artwork are 16" square and i add 2" colored borders to the bottom and top so they fit 16" X 20" black exhibition frames. all art and photos are interchangeable (this is iPad Pro 10.5" 2017). 

i have managed to create some 16X16 images i enlarged to 16X20. the borders are white. i just can't find how to color them, or how to make the images 25mb max, without losing 300dpi.  (same as the 2'X3' posters). 

thanks to the gentleman who was so helpful and showed me where to find so much information concerning my images after filter treatment. they would return to their original state just by touching them. thank you all for your help. 

ali black

2 hours ago, alison black said:

he borders are white. i just can't find how to color them

The white borders you see are probably your canvas. Add a fill layer and add colour to fill layer. Position image layer above fill layer. 

For new Document set size 16x20. In layer studio select + and tap Add Fill layer. Fill with background colour. Place your 16x16 image above fill layer to reveal colour border.

For existing document. Set your canvas size to 16x20 inches using Document menu Resize (Under Resize scroll to select Canvas). Tap white triangle at right of context menu to set Units to inches. Tap on triangle on left side to return to first Context menu and set size 16x20 (now inches). Add fill layer and choose colour. Place your 16x16 image layer at top.

if you are resizing an image remember to turn off resample.

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/