You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AP redraw issue

Affinity Photo 1.7.0.284/Windows 10 64 bit

Am having problems with AF redraw after simple changes e.g. adjusting a curve (consistent with certain files) or making a layer invisible and then visible (intermittent, again only with certain files).  I have attached 2 pics - the first shows the setup before and the second shows what happens when the curve in question is adjusted.  The only (simple) way to get back to a picture again is to click on the visibility icon of the composite channel to force a redraw.

With the selected file (and another that I have) the fault is reproducible but it doesn't occur for all files. The only consistency I can find with files that cause the fault is that they are large 16bit greyscale file with 2 groups. I haven't got this to happen - so far - with only 1 group.  I don't know if this is the same fault as thread 78221 (strange redraw issues).

Any help would be appreciated.  I can upload the file if required.

Nigel

[Edited to correct title]

Redraw 1 [before].jpg

Redraw 2 [after].jpg

• Staff

Thanks Nigel.

I can see exactly what you mean with the file you uploaded. I'm going to see if I can simplify the document/recipe and pass it to dev.

Update - I just opened it on my iMac and I got the checkerboard flash up for a second and then the document rendered correctly. I then went back to Windows and adjusted the curve, but this time I hid the High Pass Live Filter and the document rendered itself correctly.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.