You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

brush opacity issue

So, I noticed in beta 1.7.0.112 that the brushes opacity works differently between free hand and holding shift key down, basically if I use the brush click and drag at 30% the brush applies 30% regardless of overlap, but if I click and hold shift overlaps get brushed again, better explained in attached image. 

burntool.jpg

I want to add that at 100 percent, when I use a brush with a mask to erase a layer I must pass two three times to erase it completely and expose the underlying layer. I had thought that at 100% the brush should work 100% in one pass. 

• Staff
15 hours ago, srg said:

I want to add that at 100 percent, when I use a brush with a mask to erase a layer I must pass two three times to erase it completely and expose the underlying layer. I had thought that at 100% the brush should work 100% in one pass. 

You don't have Wet Edges on, do you? Can you screenshot your UI with the Paint Brush Tool selected so we can see the context toolbar? It might be worth also having the Brush Editor open so we can see what settings you've got for the brush.

• Staff
5 hours ago, srg said:

No I do not have the wet edges on. I guess I should.  Sorry my ignorance but what is exactly UI?

Sorry, I meant can you take a screenshot of your User Interface so we can see what settings you have. Or attach a document so I can have a go. When I make one from scratch, it works as expected for me and only requires a single pass.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.