You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Tip: Organizing big projects in AP, i do not need current AD

AP does not have independent artbords or stuff like that, which collect "more files" in one "container".  In very complex projects, like creating a GUI (with all related stuff inside, not just the GUI) i use "main-chapter-groups" for this. So i have eg. my "static GUI- frontend" and misc folders with dynamic stuff, like all multi-text in another folder, and my knobs, faders.... in another main-chapter-group....

With view collaps/decollapse and view/hide AND lock/unlock... the main-chapter and big backgrounds in each chapter it is ok to work. Not really comfortabel like just artboards, but its usable... i can simulate some views.... edit my dynamic stuff....  i just need ONE  file-"global"-color-palette... and each cahnge will transmit to all "sub-files".... 

And with the great shape/polgon-tools and the fact that 1.7 also have assets in AP....  So, for me there is no current reason to buy AD too. But there would be a reason: If AD would be possible to automate simple/math "animated" stuff, like creating a knob or fader... like in the free java-JKobman app... i would on the same day buy it! But it should be a little bit better than JKnobman. All knobs, faders.... as separate files in one easy project... "global" colors, batch-export like in AP.... Simple animation-automation, that would be a REALLY reason to buy AD too! 

OSX 12.5  / iMac Retina 27" / Radeon Pro 580X / Metall: on! --- WWG1WGA WW!