You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Where do I enter the product key?

• Staff

I can see you downloaded our trial 35 mins after purchasing the app please could you uninstall and make sure you download the full version of the app?

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Yes, I tried to download the trial version after I installed the paid one to see if I get asked for a key. Problem is that the trial version and the full version are exact same files and none of them asked me to enter anything. So I don't have any clue what's wrong.

11 minutes ago, Leigh said:

We're sorry for not replying sooner. When you start the app do you get told how many days you have left of your trial?

Nope, it's fully functional as well. I've tried to reinstall multiple times, but nothing happens.

• Staff

Seems like you've entered your email address/PK at some point and have unlocked the app to the full version. You will find your Licence.xml file in Macintosh HD⁩ > ⁨Users⁩ > {YOUR_USER_NAME} > ⁨Library⁩ > ⁨Application Support⁩ > ⁨Affinity Photo⁩ to check for yourself.

41 minutes ago, SuperUser said:

Nope, it's fully functional as well. I've tried to reinstall multiple times, but nothing happens.

Might seem a silly question, but if it's "fully functional ", why are you so keen to enter a product key?

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

29 minutes ago, Leigh said:

Seems like you've entered your email address/PK at some point and have unlocked the app to the full version. You will find your Licence.xml file in Macintosh HD⁩ > ⁨Users⁩ > {YOUR_USER_NAME} > ⁨Library⁩ > ⁨Application Support⁩ > ⁨Affinity Photo⁩ to check for yourself.

Where do I find it in Windows 10?

3 minutes ago, PaulEC said:

Might seem a silly question, but if it's "fully functional ", why are you so keen to enter a product key?

Well, because I think there might be something broken with the installation file and am trying to help?

• 1 year later...

Hello, I purchased all three products (Designer, Photo and Publisher) for windows 10. I followed the installation procedure but have the same issue, For publisher, no problem it did ask me to enter the product key, but for Designer and Photo it did not ask me anything and yet seems to be fully functional and is there is no number of days left. Is it going to be an issue at some point for my usage?

50 minutes ago, Slia816 said:

Hello, I purchased all three products (Designer, Photo and Publisher) for windows 10. I followed the installation procedure but have the same issue, For publisher, no problem it did ask me to enter the product key, but for Designer and Photo it did not ask me anything and yet seems to be fully functional and is there is no number of days left. Is it going to be an issue at some point for my usage?

Did you purchase them all from the Serif Affinity store?

What OS do you use?

Have you previously had retail versions of Photo and Designer installed on the machine?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

10 minutes ago, Sharly said:

I have the same problem. I used the trial version before and I just bought the full version today. But when I installed it, It wasn't asked me to enter the key product. is this okay?

Then you'll need to answer the same questions we've asked before in this thread :)

What OS do you use? Did you purchase from the Serif Affinity Store?

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

4 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

Then you'll need to answer the same questions we've asked before in this thread :)

What OS do you use? Did you purchase from the Serif Affinity Store?

Windows 10. And yes I did purchase from the Serif Affinity Store

37 minutes ago, Sharly said:

Windows 10. And yes I did purchase from the Serif Affinity Store

OK. So, when you start the program, do you get any prompts at all?

-- Walt
PC:

29 minutes ago, Sharly said:

not at all. After I installed it, the application runs as usual. I can create a new document.

Interesting. In that case, as Leigh mentioned earlier in this topic, you could look for the license.xml file.

It would be in C:\ProgramData\Affinity\<application name>\1.0\licence.xml  where <application name> is Photo or Designer or Publisher. I would suggest browsing it (or you could double-click on it and it will open in IE or Edge, or you can view it with Notepad or any other text editor). Look at the product key, and see if it matches the product key for the version you purchased, or the trial, or something else.

Then delete the file, and restart the application.

-- Walt
PC:

10 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

Interesting. In that case, as Leigh mentioned earlier in this topic, you could look for the license.xml file.

It would be in C:\ProgramData\Affinity\<application name>\1.0\licence.xml  where <application name> is Photo or Designer or Publisher. I would suggest browsing it (or you could double-click on it and it will open in IE or Edge, or you can view it with Notepad or any other text editor). Look at the product key, and see if it matches the product key for the version you purchased, or the trial, or something else.

Then delete the file, and restart the application.

Like this one? I've tried deleting the licence and then opening the application, but it's still the same.

Screenshot (36).png

8 minutes ago, Sharly said:

Like this one?

No, you're in
   c:\Program Files and I said (and meant)
   c:\ProgramData

You should probably restore that file that you deleted.

The ProgramData folder might be a Hidden folder, so perhaps you have to enable that option in File Explorer.

Or you could try pressing the Windows key and R, then typing c:\programdata\affinity into the box and clicking OK.

-- Walt
PC:

5 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

No, you're in
   c:\Program Files and I said (and meant)
   c:\ProgramData

You should probably restore that file that you deleted.

The ProgramData folder might be a Hidden folder, so perhaps you have to enable that option in File Explorer.

Or you could try pressing the Windows key and R, then typing c:\programdata\affinity into the box and clicking OK.

It works! :D  Thank you so much!

You're welcome.

-- Walt
PC: