You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Variable fonts problem

Ah thanks Gary, I did search the forum for "variable font" before posting, found nothing.

When variable fonts are not supported, only the default weight should show up once, which is not happening.

In Calibri Variable, the outlines of the thinnest narrowest weight show up with the widths of the default Regular it seems.

Can you remember exactly how you searched for "variable font"?

I've just done a quick check and searching for 'variable' (without the quotes) - 463 total results - from the home page search box got me two fairly obvious results (that were not from this thread) on the first page of results.
However, when searching for 'variable font' (again, without the quotes) - 7668 total results - I had to read down to the middle of the third page of results to see anything that looked like what I was looking for.
And after searching for 'variable +font' (no quotes) - 7250 total results - I had to, again, go to the third page to see a relevant result.
But, after entering 'variable font' (no quotes) into the search terms and ticking "Find results that contain… All of my search words" I got just 45 results, many of which were relevant.
You might just need to slightly change how you are searching.

I don't use variable fonts myself so I can't really comment on how they should be handled. However, from my perspective, I would say that if I can't trust the software to tell me something simple, such as which variant of the font I'm using, then I can't really trust that it will use that particular font properly at all. If the software can't use it fully and properly then I think it might be best if it doesn't let users use it at all. But maybe that's just me.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.