You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Problems with keyboard Shortcut Editor

First of all: I'm very happy with the work you've done so far. Publisher feels really good already.

What application:
I am using Affinity Publisher Beta, version 1.7.0.283

What operating system:
I'm running Windows 10 Pro (Dutch), version 1809, build 17763.379

What happened:
I ran into problems trying to edit the shortcuts for editing the size of a font, and editing the paragraph leading. The keyboard shortcuts for increasing and decreasing by one point do work properly, but most of the shortcuts for increasing and decreasing them in precise mode do not work.
When I tried to edit the in the keyboard shortcut editor I noticed ran into these things:

• when changing Size > Bigger the standard shortcut says Ctrl + > , but when I enter that in the edit box it says: Ctrl + .
  • The standard shortcut for Size > Precise Smaller does not work. When I enter Ctrl + Alt + , it seems to work properly. Standard for Size > Precise Bigger does seem to work strangely enough.
  • when changing Paragraph Leading > Precise Decrease the standard shortcut says Ctrl + Shift + Up, but when I try to edit the value in the edit box, the cursor keys are not recognized, so I couldn't completely enter the new shortcut.

Unusual Hardware:

• I have a 4 monitor setup, from which one is a Wacom Cintiq 24HD, although the Cintiq isn't connected at the moment, the drivers are still installed.
  • I use Actual Window Manager (from Actualtools.com) to handle my monitors, but I tested the situation with both the Window Manager enabled and disabled.

I found that the same problem also exists in Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo.
I also found it very annoying that I couldn't cancel out of editing the shortcut without closing the entire window (by pushing the escape key).
I also think it would be nicer if I could just set one keyboard shortcut back to it's standard shortcut (right click menu?) instead of have to reset them all to standard because one shortcut doesn't work.

I this is clear enough. Let me know if you have questions.

Hey @GabrielM,

here's my very late reaction. I completely forgot about this topic.

In the Netherlands most of us use the US-International QWERTY layout, with  Dutch as the windows display language enabled. That enabled characters like: é è ë ê and €. For instance: if I press the '-key and then the e-key I get ' é '.

Hope to be of help here. Let me know if you have other questions.
Wilco.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.