You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Change brush without changing size (etc)

When I'm retouching a photo I tend to swap brushes to get various textures. When I do this brush parameters change and I have to readjust size, hardness and so on when all I really want is a different brush texture.

Please give me a way to change retain brush parameters when changing brushes.

Windows 11 Pro, XP-Pen Deco 03, AP, AD & APub

It is just like in PS, I can only think of saving in the list, each brush you want to use for its texture, with your preferred hardness and size. Double clicking each brush on the list and changing settings, instead of just changing it in the top toolbar. if you use like 6 brushes, is pretty fast to do, and stays for ever. Or even if it's more brushes.

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 (not using v1.x anymore) and V2.4.x. Windows 10 and Windows 11. 

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Yes, wish this could be addressed at some point, it may seem like a small thing but as mentioned, it really kills workflow having to keep amending the brush size.
Photoshop has global default option that keeps the chosen brush size the same, regardless of which brush is used.
I know in Affinity Designer, you can keep the brush size the same, but even that is not very efficient, having to press 'Alt' everytime before you change the brush.
Of course, if I have missed the option in Affinity Photo that fixes this problem, please let me know.