Old Bruce

[Fixed] New doc without Artboard screen strangeness in 1.7.0.8

Posted (edited)

With an Artboard I get a normal looking workspace, without the Artboard I have a varying black area around the workspace and then a white 'void'. This is dependant on the magnification.

These are just to show the variety of shapes of black v. white.

1934541328_25pcnt.thumb.jpeg.8b34f79be95782daac7561f377c3353c.jpeg

132701408_50pcnt.thumb.jpeg.68967d0611e2f3378921b0b9fe4cb5f9.jpeg

Edit: Further to this is in Light mode there is no problem without an Artboard but with an Artboard I get a Black background not a light grey one.

Edited by Old Bruce
additional information added.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) Mac OS 10.12.6 || Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 10.14.5

Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.7.3 | Affinity Designer Beta 1.7.x.x | Affinity Photo Beta 1.7.x.x | Affinity Publisher Beta 1.7.x.x

Hey Old Bruce,

That's odd! I cannot reproduce this and I've tried different Preference settings (Metal, Retina Rendering etc.)

Does changing those settings make a difference for you at all?

2 hours ago, >|< said:

@Chris B

The problem happens with OpenGL display when Clip To Canvas is disabled.

Thanks for that 'solution'.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) Mac OS 10.12.6 || Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 10.14.5

Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.7.3 | Affinity Designer Beta 1.7.x.x | Affinity Photo Beta 1.7.x.x | Affinity Publisher Beta 1.7.x.x

Saw the same behaviour. Switched over to Metal, as @>|< indicated, and it was gone.

By the way, what is the general recommendation regarding OpenGL vs Metal? Just the fact that this is a setting, suggests that one may be better over the other, but not always. How do I know which is better in my configuration?