catlover

[Fixed] 1.7.0.8 :Guides edit from ruler

Hello,

Sorry to be such a pain in the what'sit, but it seems that the Listing in the 1.7.0.8.(Mac)  announcement  "Guides can now be edited from the ruler in most tools"
still does not work. (dragging new/additional guidelines)
I tried it out with the Pen tool, the node tool but then I might be doing something wrong here.
Do I have to press an additional key simultaneously perhaps ?

What DOES work is moving the zero point with the pen & node tool, but NOT dragging new/additional guidelines onto the canvas.
The pointer changes into an arrow when beyond (above) the ruler, but not when into the ruler.

Best regards & thanks for all the work you guys have done so far.

C.L.

That what you do not yet know is more important than what you already know-Jordan Peterson

Just checked this and I can use the Move tool (V, black arrow) to move the guides around while in the ruler, actually not sure if we could before, but otherwise no other tool seems to do anything with the guides.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) Mac OS 10.12.6 || Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 10.14.5

Affinity Designer 1.7.0 | Affinity Photo 1.7.0 | Affinity Publisher beta 1.7.0.384 | Affinity Photo beta 1.7.1.138 | Affinity Designer Beta 1.7.0.14

It’s not about moving guides, that could always be done.

It’s about adding new ones by dragging them out of the ruler

while using a tool; in other words : “on-the-fly” that still isn’t possible.

That what you do not yet know is more important than what you already know-Jordan Peterson

I had no luck either, may be a preference I overlooked but this does not seem to be working.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) Mac OS 10.12.6 || Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 10.14.5

Affinity Designer 1.7.0 | Affinity Photo 1.7.0 | Affinity Publisher beta 1.7.0.384 | Affinity Photo beta 1.7.1.138 | Affinity Designer Beta 1.7.0.14

It does work on Windows, for any tool except the Zoom Tool and the View Tool. So it may simply be broken on Mac.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.145), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.0.367 and 1.7.1.390 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.0.367 and 1.7.1.390 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.384 Beta

OK, I understand.

Thanks MEB.

It should be working.  Matt grabbed the wrong binary when releasing the last Beta.  Should all work ok in the next release.

Ironically, if you updated your Beta using the new update future, it would have installed the working version.  Oh well....

SerifLabs team - Affinity Developer
  • Software engineer  -  Photographer  -  Guitarist  -  Philosopher
  • iMac 27" Retina 5K (Late 2015), 4.0GHz i7, AMD Radeon R9 M395
  • MacBook (Early 2015), 1.3GHz Core M, Intel HD 5300
  • iPad Pro 10.5", 256GB

Thanks for your help with this bug. We have now resolved the problem and will make the fix available in the next Mac release.

SerifLabs team - Affinity Developer
  • Software engineer  -  Photographer  -  Guitarist  -  Philosopher
  • iMac 27" Retina 5K (Late 2015), 4.0GHz i7, AMD Radeon R9 M395
  • MacBook (Early 2015), 1.3GHz Core M, Intel HD 5300
  • iPad Pro 10.5", 256GB

OK, thanks for your reply.

BTW : new update feature  : What's that and where can I find it ?

1 hour ago, catlover said:

BTW : new update feature  : What's that and where can I find it ?

Preferences > Software Update. There is a dropdown menu to set the interval Daily, Weekly, Monthly and Never.

Found it ! Thanks :)