You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Cannot imort styles on Ipad for Designer

Hello everybody,

I have a problem that has probably been discussed here several times. But unfortunately I can not find a solution. I like to use designer on the ipad lately. I have not managed to import purchased styles (Frankentoon) yet. Every time I try, the system collapses. I read elsewhere that you can only import styles if Photo and Designer are installed on the ipad. Is that correct? Will that be improved in an upcoming update? Many thanks for the help.

• Staff

Hi Danielsun,

Welcome to the forums.

Style files (.afstyles) can be imported into Designer for iPad via the Layers FX studio. Tap the Styles option at the bottom and then on the Preferences menu dropdown tap Import Styles. However palette files (.afpalette) don't have the same import options, the only workaround is the use the Desktop version of the app. Here you add the palette as a Document palette and save your document. When you open the same document in the iOS version the document palette will be available.  

Hello Lee,
thanks for the answer.

That's exactly what it is that does not work. I import the file from a cloud, the app crashes and nothing is imported.

I use a 1st generation Ipad Pro and ONLY Af Designer druf, no Af Photo.

Has someone the same Problem?

45 minutes ago, Danielsun said:

I use a 1st generation Ipad Pro and ONLY Af Designer druf, no Af Photo.

Has someone the same Problem?

There have been several reports of problems on iPads which don’t have both of the apps installed.

What is “druf”? :/

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)